KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just done a decat (cat and premuffler removed) and it seems run fine with the boosterplug on. Pulls nicely, reached high speeds very easily so I'll run it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. Any thoughts on anything to look out for?

·
Registered
Duke 390
296 Posts
I've just done a decat (cat and premuffler removed) and it seems run fine with the boosterplug on. Pulls nicely, reached high speeds very easily so I'll run it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. Any thoughts on anything to look out for?
Its ‘funny’ isn’t it. So much talk of these running lean - even from stock. (Which I don’t doubt for one second). But how many stories have you read about owners who’ve fitted exhausts etc and NOT adjusted the fuelling suffering with blown engines, burnt valves etc ? Not sure I’ve seen any…..(?)

Now. With breathing mods and no re-fuelling adjustments made; I’m sure they run closer to the mark. And less than optimal I have no doubt. How long and how hard you can push that - with no Ill effect I’m not quite sure.

***I too ‘just’ have a Boosterplug. Maybe someone with an AFR meter fitted can tell us (You) how far from ideal you might be right now or if you’d actually done nothing at all.

And what damage that has the potential to cause in what timescale…..

Interesting stuff.

Good luck !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I know the boosterplug is causing a load of fuel to be dumped into it. I've seen a significant drop in mpg since I put it on so more fuel must be going through it. I have a consistent 100 mile run a few days a week so I know how much it used before and after. Based on that, I'd be surprised if its still running lean. I'll put the obd-2 on and I'll see how the mix looks just to be sure though.

I gave it a good blast on the motorway following the decat up to near the ton and no trouble. I'll see how it goes but I don't expect any trouble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts