KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just put a deposit down for the duke 390 at the dealership and now I am ready to find out what I can do to when it arrives. Hopefully I can get some feedback on some of the upcoming duke accessories to add on.

I am still new to the whole bike scene but would love to hear what the first thing to change one the duke. First mod reccomendations?

:)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Welcome aboard Luther8!

Must be exciting to have put down a deposit but too bad you have to play the waiting game like most of us on here. Some guys already have their Duke 690 in the U.S. but no news yet on the 390.

For first modifications I would strongly suggest getting rid of that ugly factory fender on the rear. That is the first most would do and then after that for insurance some frame sliders should be added incase of a small drop. Whcih will next happen *cross fingers

·
Registered
533 Posts
Welcome Luther! I think you're one of the firsts here with a deposit down on the 390... The dealer was not able to give you any information about when the bike will be showing up?

KTM CEO said the bikes would be here in for the 2014 model year, which has already started, so I'm going to speculate we should begin seeing the Dukes by Spring 2014...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome Luther! I think you're one of the firsts here with a deposit down on the 390... The dealer was not able to give you any information about when the bike will be showing up?

KTM CEO said the bikes would be here in for the 2014 model year, which has already started, so I'm going to speculate we should begin seeing the Dukes by Spring 2014...
I had no idea we'll I know I am the first in my area but wasn't sure on here. I made up my mind before going in I talked to the sales rep he had no clue when it was arriving. Since I was first he kept notes on my file to give me a call once he find out any more details on the release date for the duke.

welcome to the forum and congrats on the order! how long until its in your hands?!
I will let you guys know once i receive a call from the dealer. :)

Thanks.

welcome @Luther8
how much was the deposit?
why did you go with the KTM over other bikes?
I just put down $200 to reserve one. I had my eyes on some other bieks within the displacement range of 200cc to 300cc but the duke just won in every category for me. The extra displacement almost at 400 and the style and theme caught my eyes.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I had no idea we'll I know I am the first in my area but wasn't sure on here. I made up my mind before going in I talked to the sales rep he had no clue when it was arriving. Since I was first he kept notes on my file to give me a call once he find out any more details on the release date for the duke.

I will let you guys know once i receive a call from the dealer. :)

Thanks.

I just put down $200 to reserve one. I had my eyes on some other bieks within the displacement range of 200cc to 300cc but the duke just won in every category for me. The extra displacement almost at 400 and the style and theme caught my eyes.
Living in jersey you definitely have a number of options even some good options on the used market. Keep us posted on when you get your KTM!
When are you expected to take delivery of it?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ours are in the country, Ive seen pics of them on the floors in the south and western states but so far no ones received theirs in the drive way yet. Its been a long wait, the money went down in June.
As mentioned the tail tidy is a good option to change, R&G / Evotech and KTM's Powerparts one, which by the way you can modify more easily.
The sliders are another good idea R&G / Ogio and KTM Powerparts but you should also look at getting a better radiator guard, the front fender does little to stop rocks etc and has been an issue on the 200's. Evotech does one.
For the filter you can use either K&N's or DNA, im ordering the DNA filter after its first 1000 service. Breath's alot more than the K&N, I have the code on here somewhere will post it later if you want it.
Exhausts so far are only the Akra with a Leo Vince coming along but are swing arm mounted (out the side), im going to wait and hopefully someone will do an underslung. I reckon Arrow will bring one out as well.
Im currently waiting on a reply about the Rapidbike Evo unit regarding the 390, if its compatible I will probaly order one so I can keep everything in tune with the DNA.....its a big increase in flow.
Theres also Carbon Fibre pieces from Tyga
Carbon and Bodywork - Tyga Performance
I noticed in one of the pics ive seen of the 2014 390 that it has the black and orange sprocket that KTM do so this will obviously be available soon and is a good long term investment as well.
Hope some of that helps.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ours are in the country, Ive seen pics of them on the floors in the south and western states but so far no ones received theirs in the drive way yet. Its been a long wait, the money went down in June.
As mentioned the tail tidy is a good option to change, R&G / Evotech and KTM's Powerparts one, which by the way you can modify more easily.
The sliders are another good idea R&G / Ogio and KTM Powerparts but you should also look at getting a better radiator guard, the front fender does little to stop rocks etc and has been an issue on the 200's. Evotech does one.
For the filter you can use either K&N's or DNA, im ordering the DNA filter after its first 1000 service. Breath's alot more than the K&N, I have the code on here somewhere will post it later if you want it.
Exhausts so far are only the Akra with a Leo Vince coming along but are swing arm mounted (out the side), im going to wait and hopefully someone will do an underslung. I reckon Arrow will bring one out as well.
Im currently waiting on a reply about the Rapidbike Evo unit regarding the 390, if its compatible I will probaly order one so I can keep everything in tune with the DNA.....its a big increase in flow.
I noticed in one of the pics ive seen of the 2014 390 that it has the black and orange sprocket that KTM do so this will obviously be available soon and is a good long term investment as well.
Hope some of that helps.
We are all on on the hunt for the duke. Where did you see them exactly? Just trying to figure out where there are some we can go take a look at if they are indeed on the floors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Living in jersey you definitely have a number of options even some good options on the used market. Keep us posted on when you get your KTM!
When are you expected to take delivery of it?
Hopefully I can get my hands on some parts for the Duke as soon as I get it.

I'll keep you guys in the loop when they give me a call.

Hope some of that helps.
It will be interesting to see what kind of options there are for slip ons and full systems. I have never heard of DNA filters but will definitely look in to it. Thanks for the recommendations Dan1. I keep you posted when I get mine and you let us know too ;)

·
Registered
817 Posts
We are all on on the hunt for the duke. Where did you see them exactly? Just trying to figure out where there are some we can go take a look at if they are indeed on the floors.
Theres 4 on the floor at the KTM in Perth WA all sold with the first owner receiving theres yesterday. Theres also one down in Wollongong NSW thats going up for raffle.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Maybe, most of us in Australia have been talking on the FB page Aussie Duke 200 - 390. Small member ship at the moment of course :D
Actually I should have posted a link to here, will get that done ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I Just put a deposit down for the duke 390 at the dealership and now I am ready to find out what I can do to when it arrives. Hopefully I can get some feedback on some of the upcoming duke accessories to add on.

I am still new to the whole bike scene but would love to hear what the first thing to change one the duke. First mod reccomendations?

:)

Welcome aboard @Luther8!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Maybe, most of us in Australia have been talking on the FB page Aussie Duke 200 - 390. Small member ship at the moment of course :D
Actually I should have posted a link to here, will get that done ;)
Yeah get us the link if you don't mind. I want to see what every body is up to :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts