KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember as a kid all Ducatis were "Dukes".... did Ducati stuff up and allow KTM to snatch the tagline from under their stupid italian noses?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Im used to seeing Duc, not really in line with the Ducati letters so it probably never crossed their mind.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It might have been a good idea to trademark the name. I'm sure Ducati would be happy to make a bike called the "Duke." But I also don't think they are beating themselves up over it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
well its pronounced Duke but spelled Duc. Its never been an official name for Ducati but a nickname, like how some people call me Mike.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mmmm - occasionally I remember I must be about 20 years older than most of you. I can assure you that there is some poor marketing slob or IP lawyey in Ducati who has probably been fired or disciplined for this. If you work in big corps you'll learn how much they value their name....

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Mmmm - occasionally I remember I must be about 20 years older than most of you. I can assure you that there is some poor marketing slob or IP lawyey in Ducati who has probably been fired or disciplined for this. If you work in big corps you'll learn how much they value their name....
this is true, especially when you're mentioned in articles, it's a big deal. do something bad and it gets out to the media....it's just horrible for your career.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is true, especially when you're mentioned in articles, it's a big deal. do something bad and it gets out to the media....it's just horrible for your career.
Time for some gratuitous, pointless racial slander...

"Hey Giovanni!"
\
Cap

"Yeah Capo?"
\
IP lackey

"I tolda you to trademarka da DUC name hey?!
\
Capo Mafiaboss

"Whaddya aska dat for hey?"
\
IP lackey wondering WTF?

"Causa da bloody Austrian dey make da 'Duke 390'' - I wanna sue dos bastards for every Euro they go hey! We gonna be rich!"
\
Capo

"Ah Capo, I fuckeded da up.... you asked me to "trademark da duc name" - I think you say "Tattoo da Duc name" - you see my ass? I gotta da nice DUC tattoo! and you can hava one too!"
\
IP Lackey

"You fucking da clown! I gonna have my cousin Michelangelo choppa your balls! Whadddya **** you think I gotta stupido IP lawyer for! Not tattoing da ass man!"
\
Capo

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Time for some gratuitous, pointless racial slander...

"Hey Giovanni!"
\
Cap

"Yeah Capo?"
\
IP lackey

"I tolda you to trademarka da DUC name hey?!
\
Capo Mafiaboss

"Whaddya aska dat for hey?"
\
IP lackey wondering WTF?

"Causa da bloody Austrian dey make da 'Duke 390'' - I wanna sue dos bastards for every Euro they go hey! We gonna be rich!"
\
Capo

"Ah Capo, I fuckeded da up.... you asked me to "trademark da duc name" - I think you say "Tattoo da Duc name" - you see my ass? I gotta da nice DUC tattoo! and you can hava one too!"
\
IP Lackey

"You fucking da clown! I gonna have my cousin Michelangelo choppa your balls! Whadddya **** you think I gotta stupido IP lawyer for! Not tattoing da ass man!"
\
Capo
haha epic.

but all that italian talk and no "whatsaa mattta for you?"
Italians have a cool way of speaking, amazing food, amazing bikes, amazing cars.

and of course people like this that define how they speak LOL;

·
Registered
200 Posts
I remember as a kid all Ducatis were "Dukes".... did Ducati stuff up and allow KTM to snatch the tagline from under their stupid italian noses?
Its been a while since i have heard anybody use that as a common term for a ducati. funny thing though i was at a truck stop last summer I overheard guys talking about the duke. Looked around voila a 1199.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts