KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i bought a used Duke BS6 20.000Km, since the first time i noticed it was hard to shift to N and it becomes easy when I stop the engine. another thing when i put first gear the is like a hard hit in the gearbox and it slight move the duke.

I used a friend of mine duke BS4 and i didnt notice that problem.

what could be?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys, i bought a used Duke BS6 20.000Km, since the first time i noticed it was hard to shift to N and it becomes easy when I stop the engine. another thing when i put first gear the is like a hard hit in the gearbox and it slight move the duke.

I used a friend of mine duke BS4 and i didnt notice that problem.

what could be?
I have exactly the same problem from the moment I bought it brand new. It seems that it is build like that, as that's what the KTM mechanic and seller told me. It needs to get used to it, I guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
another simptom, while i'm riding and shift down to 1st and pull clutch it will no stop, it will keep at 5 km h.
the previous owner used to use full synthetic motul 7100.

i guess some part of the clutch isn't opening, maybe some disks are stuck

·
Registered
875 Posts
Make sure your clutch lever and play is adjusted right, and not too off slack. Do inspect your shift linkage. If all is well, then get your clutch and shift lever and mechanism checked.

Good luck..

Cheers!
V

·
Registered
2015 duke 200, Previous bike (2009 er6n Kawasaki, 1982 honda nighthawk cb450)
83 Posts
Agree with everyone here your clutch isn't disengaging the gears, maybe loose or slack in cable, or new clutch. Neither one is too difficult.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts