KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

last week my bike started mysteriously dropping from 2nd gear into neutral while accelerating at random times on my commute. During the course of the week it did it about 3 times.

Then... yesterday and today it has dropped from 3rd gear down to 2nd while accelerating. I almost messed in my pants.

Has anyone encountered this or does anyone know what the problem could be.

Its definitely not my foot thats causing it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
There's complaints about gear issues on the BHP forum. Have you adjusted the linkage in any way? I'd take it in and ask for warranty repaid.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's complaints about gear issues on the BHP forum. Have you adjusted the linkage in any way? I'd take it in and ask for warranty repaid.
Can I be a pain and ask for a link to these, I would really appreciate that if you can :)

Im starting to get a bit annoyed with these issues on my bike in all honesty, Ive had my cluster replaced already

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've had this happen a couple of times in the past but only when I didn't push the lever hard enough and fully engage the gear, it would slip back down.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Can I be a pain and ask for a link to these, I would really appreciate that if you can :)

Im starting to get a bit annoyed with these issues on my bike in all honesty, Ive had my cluster replaced already

Did they replace only the cluster? Did they replace the shifting drum and forks as well? In my experience those can be troublesome causes of gear jumping. Did they replace the entire cluster (main and countershaft)?

·
Registered
817 Posts
A case of postus confusus mate ;)

Sounds like the shift drum/plate need adjusting or an adjustment in the gear linkage if its set to high or low. Run it back to the shop, its under warranty so might as well use what you payed for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did they replace only the cluster? Did they replace the shifting drum and forks as well? In my experience those can be troublesome causes of gear jumping. Did they replace the entire cluster (main and countershaft)?
The display cluster is what I mean... the last one wouldnt read temperature, fuel or anything properly. It would go through the startup sequence at random while riding.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The display cluster is what I mean... the last one wouldnt read temperature, fuel or anything properly. It would go through the startup sequence at random while riding.
On that sounds completely unrelated. Sounds like your bike was built on a Friday afternoon. :(

·
Registered
573 Posts
Had the same problem... but I reckon the missed gear is due to my own mistake... searching for a quickshifter soon...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts