KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, im buying my first duke next week!
I have 2 options,
1. Duke 390 2020 done 13000 km already and costs 6200$
2. Duke 390 2017 done 28000 km already and costs 3500$
The prices are both high because of my country.
But which one would you buy?

·
Registered
98 Posts
the new one has an auto blipper and I have seen it's really smooth... go with the new one... my 2017 model has a **** tone of issues right now and it's stuck in KTM due to no parts in my country... basically water pump seal...

If it were me I would stay away from KTM duke 200,390 and 790 line up altogether... I told myself I wouldnt recommend KTM to anyone...

·
Super Moderator
1,946 Posts
Thanks for outing your frustration on the forum, please let this be the last one as there are thousands enjoying these bikes and come to this forum for that reason.

the new one has an auto blipper and I have seen it's really smooth... go with the new one... my 2017 model has a **** tone of issues right now and it's stuck in KTM due to no parts in my country... basically water pump seal...

If it were me I would stay away from KTM duke 200,390 and 790 line up altogether... I told myself I would recommend KTM to anyone...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for outing your frustration on the forum, please let this be the last one as there are thousands enjoying these bikes and come to this forum for that reason.
but isnt these forums there to help our fellow riders? whats the point having forums? im just trying to figure out what I did wrong said anything for you to respond like this? yeah im fustrated and I dont want anyone else to go through something like what im going through... if you can give me a right reason I will not say anything anymore...

also he asked a question.I gave my honest opinion to the person who asked the question and I dont see anything wrong with what I said.

·
Super Moderator
1,946 Posts
If it were me I would stay away from KTM duke 200,390 and 790 line up altogether

Not very helpful for someone looking to buy such a bike that thousands and thousands enjoy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
KTMasean,
You have to let people say what they honestly think. I know you don't live in the United States but, unless someone is a "Just joined the forum today" total troll, you have to allow freedom of speech. I know I'm a new guy but, GhosTHunT3R has been on this board for 12 months with 96 posts.

If he or she has an honest answer to a question and gives an honest opinion, you got to let it go, bro. With all due respect, it seems to me that you really moderate this site with an iron fist. GhosTHunT3R isn't gonna kill KTM sales with one post.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If it were me I would stay away from KTM duke 200,390 and 790 line up altogether

Not very helpful for someone looking to buy such a bike that thousands and thousands enjoy.
Thank you for your reply. I think I just gave my Opinion. I didn't say all the KTMs right. The adventure bikes, 890, and superduke get all the premium quality parts and service.
also here right in the Philippines, there are no parts for my bike and I got in touch with a friend in the US to help me get parts and he got an email from KTM as well saying no parts and parts will be available by Mid Jan 2022. But if you really think I shouldn't then yeah this will be my last post here.

KTMasean,
You have to let people say what they honestly think. I know you don't live in the United States but, unless someone is a "Just joined the forum today" total troll, you have to allow freedom of speech. I know I'm a new guy but, GhosTHunT3R has been on this board for 12 months with 96 posts.

If he or she has an honest answer to a question and gives an honest opinion, you got to let it go, bro. With all due respect, it seems to me that you really moderate this site with an iron fist. GhosTHunT3R isn't gonna kill KTM sales with one post.
Thank you so much That's what I thought too, my feedback and my experience currently with my bike. I'm riding with other duke riders here and it's just not me who is having this issues. If it was only me then I wouldn't even say anything like what I said.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I didn't say all the KTMs right. The adventure bikes, 890, and superduke get all the premium quality parts and service.
also here right in the Philippines, there are no parts for my bike and I got in touch with a friend in the US to help me get parts and he got an email from KTM as well saying no parts and parts will be available by Mid Jan 2022.

Thank you so much That's what I thought too, my feedback and my experience currently with my bike. I'm riding with other duke riders here and it's just not me who is having this issues. If it was only me then I wouldn't even say anything like what I said.
Global supply issues are impacting many industries. If Austria goes back into lockdown as proposed then the adventure bikes, 890 and Superduke won't be getting the premium quality parts either. For the smaller bikes KTM is dependant on Bajaj for parts and if Bajaj hasn't got them in stock then no one has them, regardless of what KTM thinks or wants.

Word choice is everything - I think KTM has a point. It's OK to express your experience, but when you start to use every post as a way to repost the same thing, it's time to step back and take a breath.

·
Registered
807 Posts
KTMasean,

As a long standing Verticalscope moderator; I would say KTM does an excellent job, all the more so because he has no supporting moderators. These are some of my moderation thoughts about your post.

"I know you don't live in the United States but....you have to allow freedom of speech" Big red flag there. You really need to think about your assumptions.

"With all due respect, it seems to me that you really moderate this site with an iron fist" Passive aggressive attack on moderation. As noted above, KTM's moderation is pretty much on track for what I expect on a Verticalscope forum, it isn't over the top and it certainly isn't an iron fist. If you want an unmoderated forum where you can write what you like then I recommend one of the many Facebook groups.

"unless someone is a "Just joined the forum today" total troll" Just FYI trolls tend to be well embedded often with thousands of posts, they almost always have multiple accounts often through different email logins and IP addresses. Verticalscope doesn't tolerate trolls, and has the tools to hunt them down (in case anyone was thinking multiple accounts was a good idea)

·
Super Moderator
1,946 Posts
Thanks for the support Marius.

@ VolvoWrench, I thought we had sorted this out in PM's? As for your American remark, this is an International KTM forum and YES, people may express their thoughts and say whatever they want BUT as soon as you start down-talking the brand this forum is meant for, it is better to leave (even if you live in the United? Stated of America ranked # 53 on the list of most free countries.

@ T3R I think that Marius expressed it well. I do hope you will get your seals soon and if you need help, I have good connections to the fresh Thai import, drop me a PM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts