KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a ktm duke 2019 model and I have an OBD2 reader tucked under my seat with torque pro installed on my phone. Everything works fine apart from AFR (which I what I wanted most) and I've tried a few separate custom PIDs but none seem to work. It just reads blank, Any help?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sorry I can't help but I can confirm what you write. I have a 2017 model with the same setup and no AFR reading.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Try these and tell me what happens:

Enhanced PIDs you have to manually enter.
Long name & short name can be whatever you want.

LTFT Long Term Fuel Trim?
OBD2 PID: 0107
Long Name: LTFT
Short Name: LTFT
Minimum Value: -25
Maximum Value: 25
Scale Factor: x1
Unit Type: %
Equation: (A-128)*100/128
Gen 1 Status:
Gen 2 Status: Working and confirmed
MS6 Status:

STFT Short Term Fuel Trim?
OBD2 PID: 0106
Long Name: STFT
Short Name: STFT
Minimum Value: -25
Maximum Value: 25
Unit Type: %
Equation: (A-128)*100/128
Gen 1 Status:
MS6 Status

Open Loop Commanded Air/Fuel Ratio
OBD2 PID: 0144
Long Name: AFR
Short Name: AFR
Minimum Value: 0
Maximum Value: 20
Unit Type: A/F
Equation: (A*256+B)/32768*14.7
Gen 1 Status:
MS6 Status:

OEM Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio
OBD2 PID: 0134
Long Name: WAFR
Short Name: WAFR
Minimum Value: 0
Maximum Value: 20
Unit Type: A/F
Equation: (A*256+B)/32768*14.7
Gen 1 Status:
MS6 Status:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ok, I just got back...

And yes, the Duke does report LTFT and STFT pids on the ECU data line. I know this, but only because I was running a program called ScanMaster ELM on a pc from a bluetooth ELM unit.

So if you understand the interplay between fuel trim readings and active AF readings, it could go a ways toward getting you closer to what you're searching for.

Welcome to the neighborhood. gtg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thanks for the codes. The only one that was working is STFT for me. But I don't understand the reading it's -% all the time. I'd prefer a number such as 0-20
this was at 40°c operating temp.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah, i see what you mean, only the one 'percentage' AFR seems to be working, and none of the others.
The -13.3 % is indicating the fuel ratio is currently being leaned, in order to offset a rich-biased condition of the oxygen sensor feedback.
I'm assuming you're also saying your engine isn't entirely warmed up? because it normally gets to around 80C, but it's only at 40C?
I'd be curious to know what the working percentage pid says at 80C engine temp, when you get a chance.

and Sorry bout that -- obviously the WAFR and AFR 'A/F' parameters aren't going to work in this situation, and I'd delete the non-functioning AFR '%' pid as well.
Every extra thing you ask the datastream to sample reduces the accuracy and speed of the feedback, on the screen, from other pids.

I'll keep looking around and see if I can come up with a better answer for you, on the A/F interpolation PID, as a raw number.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, i see what you mean, only the one 'percentage' AFR seems to be working, and none of the others.
The -13.3 % is indicating the fuel ratio is currently being leaned, in order to offset a rich-biased condition of the oxygen sensor feedback.
I'm assuming you're also saying your engine isn't entirely warmed up? because it normally gets to around 80C, but it's only at 40C?
I'd be curious to know what the working percentage pid says at 80C engine temp, when you get a chance.

and Sorry bout that -- obviously the WAFR and AFR 'A/F' parameters aren't going to work in this situation, and I'd delete the non-functioning AFR '%' pid as well.
Every extra thing you ask the datastream to sample reduces the accuracy and speed of the feedback, on the screen, from other pids.

I'll keep looking around and see if I can come up with a better answer for you, on the A/F interpolation PID, as a raw number.
I did forget to mention this is a Duke 125, and it currently has a decat and k&n air filter on. I have a rapid bike evo coming in a week or so as I don't ride right now anyway so there is no risk of blowing the engine. Thanks for the help! I'll do some more research too, if all else fails I'll buy the rapid bike Blue which has an inbuilt afr meter on the app.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Whoops, I just remembered why it won't report AFR on a duke. It's because there is no Lambda pid, and it doesn't use a 5V AF sensor feedback.
Sorry bout that, guess I need to start going to bed be4 3am and get back to a reg schedule.

But that also means, don't bother buying a 120usd adapter from RB either, because it can't interpolate it.
Yeah, I just looked on their site, and wow they're proud of that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoops, I just remembered why it won't report AFR on a duke. It's because there is no Lambda pid, and it doesn't use a 5V AF sensor feedback.
Sorry bout that, guess I need to start going to bed be4 3am and get back to a reg schedule.

But that also means, don't bother buying a 120usd adapter from RB either, because it can't interpolate it.
Yeah, I just looked on their site, and wow they're proud of that.
Fair enough. Thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts