KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been dabbling into trackdays recently, and was thinking of ways to protect my bike incase of any fall/crash. The usual engine covers, engine sliders, foldable levers, are already in the market and easily available.

What about race fairings, TFT speedo delete/replacement, headlight delete/replacement? the last 2 items costs a BOMB to replace :cry:馃捀馃捀馃捀.

I've seen someone from my local track actually done the TFT speedo delete & headlight delete. Im surprised he got it running, and the system not stopping him from riding it. Some people have the opinion that the speedo is doing more than just a display (Sure, supermoto setting is inaccessible without speedo, but its fine i guess... ABS for the track might be useful). I believe (a cheap) universal speedo can be attached as long as u know which pins corresponds to which pins. As for headligh delete, we can get those older duke masks or dirtbike masks and attach it via screw or zip ties.

Anyone has any ideas, do share.

Registered
You were already advised not to remove the speedometer and the headlight, why are you insisting on doing it? They are not very to suffer in a crash, unless the whole bike is completely totaled.

Super Moderator
Then why not talk to that person about how they did that?

Been dabbling into trackdays recently, and was thinking of ways to protect my bike incase of any fall/crash. The usual engine covers, engine sliders, foldable levers, are already in the market and easily available.

What about race fairings, TFT speedo delete/replacement, headlight delete/replacement? the last 2 items costs a BOMB to replace :cry:馃捀馃捀馃捀.

I've seen someone from my local track actually done the TFT speedo delete & headlight delete. Im surprised he got it running, and the system not stopping him from riding it. Some people have the opinion that the speedo is doing more than just a display (Sure, supermoto setting is inaccessible without speedo, but its fine i guess... ABS for the track might be useful). I believe (a cheap) universal speedo can be attached as long as u know which pins corresponds to which pins. As for headligh delete, we can get those older duke masks or dirtbike masks and attach it via screw or zip ties.

Anyone has any ideas, do share.

Registered
I鈥檝e seen bigger Dukes with headlight replaced by a mask. That would suggest it would work for the smaller Duke. Not sure why you鈥檇 want to remove the TFT for the track

1 - 4 of 4 Posts