KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks like KTM has a Duke 390 based Adventure model in the cards. Preliminary info has it utilizing a more rugged suspension with longer travel, dual sport tires and a larger fuel tank. Most components should be re purposed from Duke 390 and styling should be similar to the Adventure 990...

So inlove with this bike! Would even look better with Panniers! Hope it reaches the philippines soil soon!

·
Registered
573 Posts
i saw 1 duke with knobby tyres also in some website with VIN from India and he was riding as it was in he Dhakar ... COOL ... same .. cant find it after i view it sometimes ago ..

i was thinking to mod into adventure too .. but with a broken ligament .. i doubt i can handle the bumps ... duh ... back to staring at pictures ... depression me ....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Personally I think it looks ugly...
I think its that front mudguard

It looks purposeful. Personally I think the front suspension travel is too short for serious offroad but those tyres and guard would be perfect for muddy or gravelled roads or even the beach.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I reckon that looks great and being a short a**e myself I don't like huge suspension travel and high seats. Seems stupid to buy an adventure bike and then have it lowered ... although I am considering doing just that !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Totally with you on small, light, adventure-styled tourer with gravel road and dirt trail pretensions, but I was hoping for something a bit more like the CCM GP450 (pic below). Then re-tune the engine for a touch more low and mid-range torque (even if that means less power at the top). Job's a good 'un.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep that CCM gets great reviews. But it is GBP £ 7,995. That's NZD $ 16k even at our current awesome exhange rate and that's before options. Seat height is 890mm as standard so no good for my stumpy 5' 4" chassis (can drop it 100mm with a suspension kit mind)

·
Registered
51 Posts
The CCM is certainly pricey, but it's fairly uncompromised spec-wise (electronically adjustable suspension, anyone?). I'm sure the 390 Adventure can at least look similar without costing the earth. It's the overall weight (or lack thereof) and lack of bulk in the fairing that I find appealing.

An 890mm seat height would be do-able for me (only just ... I'm 1.73m / 5'8"), but I'd definitely prefer it down at 8100mm to 830mm or thereabouts.

You going to brave it in the rain this weekend, NZmonk3y?

bm

·
Registered
26 Posts
No riding plans for me this weekend, though might head up to Pakiri on Monday if the weather has eased off. What I really need is a 390 Adventure to tackle the metal road to the camp site .... :)

If it keep lashing down then I might just take the decals off my tank

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Motorbeam is saying the 390 adventure will debut at EICMA this year...

KTM 390 Adventure Debuts At EICMA 2014 | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

In the more recent years, it has turned into a tradition for KTM to debut its new models at the Esposizione Mondiale del Motociclismo (EICMA) held in Milan every year. After unveiling the 2014 KTM RC 125, 200 and 390 models last year, the Austrian manufacturer will take the tradition forward and unveil the ‘390 Adventure’ at the EICMA this year (the Duke 390 was unveiled at the same event in 2012). The KTM 390 Adventure is the dual-purpose dual-sport version of the Duke 390 and will be manufactured at the company’s Chakan plant in Pune alongside the Duke and RC 390 models.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Very sad. Though am hoping that KTM will spring a surprise and we get an Adventure.
You never know!

·
Registered
817 Posts
I finally worked out the frame on the bogus picture that has gotten around recently. I knew Id seen it somewhere then it came to me....its off the freeride.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts