KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 8k mile 2015 Duke 390. The kid before me wrecked and I have parts on the way to fix the damage. Plus I'm looking to modify the front light to a round led. Only issue i see is mounting the gauge console. Does anyone know of an aftermarket bracket that would work? The kit I have ordered is the right size for the light bracket at least. I think the bracket from the kit ktm sells would work but i don't see it as a single part. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you're not going to stick with the stock headlight then the ktm powerparts headlight mask kit you posted is pretty much your only option for a ready made bracket for the dash. The mask kit also makes use of the little tinted windshield that comes with the stock setup, but flipped upside down to hide the big connector/wire bundle for the dash (I don't see that windshield in your photo, however).

You're going to have a really tough time making that round headlight look clean with the huge connector that goes on back of the dash. I'd just slap the powerparts headlight kit on, put a good bulb in there and call it a day. The windshield probably won't run you too much on the ktm part websites.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're not going to stick with the stock headlight then the ktm powerparts headlight mask kit you posted is pretty much your only option for a ready made bracket for the dash. The mask kit also makes use of the little tinted windshield that comes with the stock setup, but flipped upside down to hide the big connector/wire bundle for the dash (I don't see that windshield in your photo, however).

You're going to have a really tough time making that round headlight look clean with the huge connector that goes on back of the dash. I'd just slap the powerparts headlight kit on, put a good bulb in there and call it a day. The windshield probably won't run you too much on the ktm part websites.
To late already ordered the parts and started stripping the bike to replace whats broke.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Personally, I think the cluster on the left front fork leg is a nice touch.

Leave the 390 off the tail, go with the tank stickers orientation in the now second photo.

Or... you could go totally blank, Frank Lloyd Wright minimalism.

Eh.. it's just a thot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Personally, I think the cluster on the left front fork leg is a nice touch.

Leave the 390 off the tail, go with the tank stickers orientation in the now second photo.

Or... you could go totally blank, Frank Lloyd Wright minimalism.

Eh.. it's just a thot.
Thanks and yeah I need to finish the headlight first I guess!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts