KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the title are all the mods ive now done to the bike.

Couple of questions if i may;

1, can I dial in the Rapid Easy Bike and P/T myself without running a dyno? will it record the results if I ride about with my laptop connected ?

2, With the RBE and oversized connector the bike idles like absolute ****, I take it I really have to get it hooked up to adjust it for the A/F mixture correct

3,this thing above 5k is an absolute fucking beast even if it runs like crap in the bottom

4, I can hear the injector a lot more than the stock, is this normal ?

5, I take it the reason wit everything connected and running like crap is mega over fuelling ? I did have the +3 rich setting on the RBE. it sputtered and coughed out some smoke - bless it.

and then just general thoughts and feelings please, just so I can fill my brain box up with knowledge.

It did run crazy smooth at times, I noticed the bike has a lot less vibrations and makes for a much smoother ride when you start adding fuel to it, they're cranky and vibby as balls when lean aye.

lastly anything im over looking ?

Thank you all

·
Registered
407 Posts
To answer #1, yes you can. Since you're running the 1st gen motor and ECU, you can use a ELM327 BT adapter and the Torque Pro app with custom PID's to monitor your AFR, TPS & RPM and adjust accordingly. I will see if I can find the thread where 1jzsupra showed the PID's. This is how I have dialed mine in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To answer #1, yes you can. Since you're running the 1st gen motor and ECU, you can use a ELM327 BT adapter and the Torque Pro app with custom PID's to monitor your AFR, TPS & RPM and adjust accordingly. I will see if I can find the thread where 1jzsupra showed the PID's. This is how I have dialed mine in.
wicked stuff. I look forward to reading it - Cus it runs like a **** bag in the wind.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Post #4 here (note where they discuss it only works on 1st gen):
Torque Pro AFR PID 2018 Duke 390

There's also a way to data log off that app, but I still cannot figure that out, so I set my phone (mounted to the bars) to do screen shots by swiping my hand over the screen, and take screenshots while riding and seeing the AFR way out of whack, then go adjust that area later.

·
Registered
407 Posts

There's also a way to data log off that app, but I still cannot figure that out, so I set my phone (mounted to the bars) to do screen shots by swiping my hand over the screen, and take screenshots while riding and seeing the AFR way out of whack, then go adjust that area later.
FuelX Pro has given me the ability to change AFR in the closed loop area on the fly via the handlebar switch :cool:, still have to plug the PowerTRONIC unit into the computer to adjust the open loop.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I take it if I don’t want to use the adapter I can just have the usb cable connected?
The adapter I am talking about converts the data plug to OBDII, and the ELM adapter plugs into that. It's nice to be able to see AFR while riding. That way when you "feel" something is off, you can look at the gauge and see exactly what your feeling is telling you.

This is one of my screenshots from the Torque app:
Light Yellow Line Font Screenshot

·
Registered
828 Posts

Hey bro, to data log you need to download the "realtime charts" plugin. Then you set up the which sensors you want to log and run it. You can log while looking at your real time data as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much everyone, that’s some crazy stuff.
Can’t wait to give it a bash and log my results.

I understand what you mean now, using the phones BT to log real time data. I was hoping I’d be able to do it with my laptop.
Bluetooth on phone seems the more convenient way.
Thanks for all the info

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey bro, to data log you need to download the "realtime charts" plugin. Then you set up the which sensors you want to log and run it. You can log while looking at your real time data as well.
I definitely need to revisit this, I have the RT charts plugin already, but didn't take the time to set it up properly (only messed with it a few times). Once I installed the FuelX, it almost became pointless to me since I can adjust the AFR on the fly now.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks so much everyone, that’s some crazy stuff.
Can’t wait to give it a bash and log my results.

I understand what you mean now, using the phones BT to log real time data. I was hoping I’d be able to do it with my laptop.
Bluetooth on phone seems the more convenient way.
Thanks for all the info
Just noticed you had the RBE set to +3 still from the stock injector. For a new starting point with the bigger injector, I'd take that to 0 or even -1.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’d removed the RBE and it was rough as ****, as in lumpy and gritty feeling - i think that’s what made me think to revert back to the stock injector and get it all fuelled and fit the bigger injector at the save time.
Was great in the top end, rough in the low.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Did I see no filter meaning no air filter? If yes thats not recommended because the dust will "eat" valve seats so quickly that you will be needing every year valve clearance setting!

Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts