KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a 2020 duke 390 in southern California. They 2020's are marked down to $3999. I asked for an otd price TTL and was quoted to $6,444.21.

when i asked from the breakdown this was the exact message from the dealership. "The $3999 is the discounted list price. You still have to add all taxes and fees on top of that. About $1500 comes from the manufacturer freight and assembly and your tax and dmv is about $800. "

I Have been riding since i was 7 ( riding for 20 years) and have bought atvs, dirtbikes, scooters, streetbikes and have never heard of a markup like this. I am originally from Chicago, so maybe that is where the difference lies but i am confused.

Is this pricing normal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Having pretty much the same experience. There have been a couple threads just like yours over the last week or so.

I passed the BRC exams yesterday so now begins the Quest For My First Bike™, which... Wow. Both new and used bikes around me are hiked up quite a bit: 80s Hondas going for over $3,000; a new 2021 390 Duke (MSRP $5,499) going for $7,200+ OTD and a 2021 200 Duke (MSRP $3,999) going for $6,180 OTD. Pretty much the same quotes for the two new bikes across two dealerships.

EDIT: Also ayyy, I lived in Chicago from 2013-2019. :D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Prices have risen in the U.K. also.

You used to be able to get a new one discounted at £4,000-£4,200 and now they are £4,800-£5,099
Also used prices have risen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can understand the prices being higher with shortages and a desire for people to buy bikes, but the markup is insane. 1500 to throw 2 wheels on? You got elon putting the wheels on?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guys the main selling point of the Duke is it's price to value ratio. I would wait till you can get one at the regular price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts