KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up to everyone, KTM is replacing front sprockets on 390's because there is a risk of losing your chain.

Seems the front sprocket will become misaligned causing the chain to skip off the teeth...

Check with your local obviously.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Just a heads up to everyone, KTM is replacing front sprockets on 390's because there is a risk of losing your chain.

Seems the front sprocket will become misaligned causing the chain to skip off the teeth...

Check with your local obviously.
Hi Sandy mary, are they replacing with a new design or just replacing with a new one ? is it official call out?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sandy mary, are they replacing with a new design or just replacing with a new one ? is it official call out?
I believe the design has been modified to rectify, officially, but its not a recall...

KTM UK said it was not a recall. A spokesman said: ‘Within the EU we use the term TI or technical information. This basically means it’s an issue we are aware of and something that is carried out when the bike is next taken into a dealer, at no cost to the customer. Only safety related issues are subject to a recall and in those instances it is the manufacturer’s responsibility to contact all affected customers.’
KTM Duke 390 front sprocket fault - Motorcycle news : General news - Visordown

·
Registered
62 Posts
sandy mary
just had my bike in the dealers, for AKRO remap, and whilst in the workshop they carried out a couple of TI's to do with the a rear sprocket carrier spacer.
Seems that some fitted are "outside of tolerence" - that's 'too thin' to you and me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts