1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically experiencing the same issues discussed here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/ancd93
TLDR:
when i approach a light and down shift to 1st gear, and then clutched in at 1st gear if i blip throttle or even if i don't, the engine dies..
OR
when im iust starting bike and clutch in to shift to 1st gear, engine also dies.

2020 duke, but seems to be a common problem with ktm rc 390..

has anyone here experienced this, and what was the cause/solution?

-Ces

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm def no expert but grab a Rapid Bike Evo Easy for $299 and it will richen your fueling up at low rpm's and might resolve your issue. Of course I could be waaay wrong but it definitely changed our 390 dramatically for the best!

·
Registered
1 Posts
First I’d check your clutch lever play, my 2017 duke had this problem, not all the time but definitely more than I’d like. But just as @andysodandy said purchase a RB evo easy or a Booster Plug for cheaper($189) if I remember correctly. It’ll help with your lower end rpms so you don’t stall out as often or have to blip the clutch to keep her idling.

Best of luck, man!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm def no expert but grab a Rapid Bike Evo Easy for $299 and it will richen your fueling up at low rpm's and might resolve your issue. Of course I could be waaay wrong but it definitely changed our 390 dramatically for the best!
what's your experience been using that? the dukes are set to run lean from factory which makes the engine run hot. hoping to find some solution where i can richen the a/f mix so that its running cooler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts