KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Man! I should have waited for your response, I ordered a similar bar but the clamp dia is 31.8 :( now looking around to get custom clamps done :laugh:
Turns out building a bar is much easier than than the clamps.. Caught hold of a bar bender to get the job done.. Had to bolton 15mm spacers to avoid the controls from scraping the tank, overall the bar is half an inch lower than stock but with very little backsweep.

Attachments

· Registered
90 Posts
Turns out building a bar is much easier than than the clamps.. Caught hold of a bar bender to get the job done.. Had to bolton 15mm spacers to avoid the controls from scraping the tank, overall the bar is half an inch lower than stock but with very little backsweep.
That looks great, cool that you got the bars made! :)

Reactions: Nash29

· Registered
1 Posts
Took some more pictures today, for those interested. As you can see the handlebar is close to the tank cover at full lock, but there is 2-3 mm clearance still. I rotated the brake cable outwards a bit because the hose got a little kink when pressed against the top crown of the fork. This is easily done by carefully loosening the bolt and rotating the banjo into position. No leakage if done right. Only thing missing now is mirrors, some 2 1/2 in bar end mounted ones are on its way from China.

As you can see my bike is stripped for stickers, I´m going to blackify it (wheels and tank cover), but I´m waiting for the temperature to rise. Mostly 5 degrees C still :/
I've searched for this handlebar, and it's for a bicycle bar, is it fit or need more adjustment like adaptor or something?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts