KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
News came out last week that the 1190 Adventure would be getting Bosch's new MSC system, essentially the first real cornering ABS system.

Bosch's MSC takes data on wheel speed, lean angle, pitch angle and brake pressure to help the system analyze the wheels to prevent lockup. The system also rocks braking pressure from front to back and vice-versa. MSC bascially helps to keep the wheels from sliding out from under you, and keeps the front wheel from tucking under itself.

Bosch's MSC is also available on high end bikes like the Super Duke and Ducati's Twin Panigales...

probably a $1000 option...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but does it work?
its cornering ABS, a big time first man, if you wanted real control cornering you needed to master trail braking. Bosch's system makes that much much easier, safer as well.

If you're coming through a corner and notice sandy or wet pavement and you mash the brakes with conventional ABS or no ABS and we'll be seeing you on the ground. With Bosch's system mash the brakes and the Duke will settle itself into a nice comfortable stop...

I think It could even be useful at the track, Its not like TC where its cutting the power, its just to help you corner. Its billed as the first effective cornering ABS...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
its cornering ABS, a big time first man, if you wanted real control cornering you needed to master trail braking. Bosch's system makes that much much easier, safer as well.

If you're coming through a corner and notice sandy or wet pavement and you mash the brakes with conventional ABS or no ABS and we'll be seeing you on the ground. With Bosch's system mash the brakes and the Duke will settle itself into a nice comfortable stop...

I think It could even be useful at the track, Its not like TC where its cutting the power, its just to help you corner. Its billed as the first effective cornering ABS...
That's pretty awesome. In that case I wouldn't be surprised if they use this ABS system or a version of it in a professional bike racing series. Seems like it's something that can really help anyone out, even the pros.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's pretty awesome. In that case I wouldn't be surprised if they use this ABS system or a version of it in a professional bike racing series. Seems like it's something that can really help anyone out, even the pros.
no it wont go professional. Most racing series, well all the serious professional ones anyways do not allow driver aids. For a bit F1 had allowed a form of traction control but the big money teams like McLaren and Ferrari had so much mechanical drive off the corners because of it they had to eliminate them. Besides if racing was easy we'd all be pros ;)

plus pros are dealing with much better grip than us stock riders as well as riding on stick slicks, and i know in F1 and other car racing drivers can adjust the brake bias turn to turn, in moto they all trail brake.

But any pro driver would smack any of us arm chair racers around even if we had all the top rider aids...

I'm glad Bosch is bringing this system to the lower end Dukes as well, its going to save alot of lives.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The KTM Duke 390 is super powerful. it does wheelies when you touch it, so an anti-lock braking system is a good idea. Makes sure that you keep control of the bike. I would shell out for the system on this bike. Other bikes you don't need it because it isn't as powerful. You can control those yourself. But this bike seems like it could do with some help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts