KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Anyone looking to get Andreani fork inserts, be aware there is an Evoluzione version now 105/KT7E

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
That is the older kit, the new one has an E at the end.

Correct the 105/KT7 is what FBI installed for my 2018, they are also the distributor. Cart 599 + installation 200 + tax= 848 OTD.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is the older kit, the new one has an E at the end.
Yes those are the ones I have and it's why I pay pros to work on suspension internals. To go faster I put 1500 into suspension and 89 into a cat delete, exiting turns 5-10 mph faster. Tire warmers and Power Cup are a luxury the front tire really bites into pavement, running 27fr/22rr.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Great, you mentioned the kit without the E at the end hence my remark.
I run the without E kit, installed by the Thai Import Sina Moto in Chiang Mai back in 2016 and the Öhlins I did myself but all suspension was adjusted by the Andreani guys.
Great set-up IMHO.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great, you mentioned the kit without the E at the end hence my remark.
I run the without E kit, installed by the Thai Import Sina Moto in Chiang Mai back in 2016 and the Öhlins I did myself but all suspension was adjusted by the Andreani guys.
Great set-up IMHO.
Totally agree it's near perfect as is. Got the Ohlins from Hard Racing they asked what I weighed and w/ gear 170/180. David at Fast Bike Industries( the only authorized distributor currently here in the US) asked the same and i haven't touched a thing, told me he put in 4 full turns on preload. They also marked the bottom(see pic) of travel which is about 22mm from bottom and said don't fret if I am only using about half the travel. Measured sag solo this am using a Slacker V4, got 38-39mm in rear and 40-42mm in front. The tool is neat bouncing on the bike you can see it vary from 36 -44 on the remote.
Preparing for a ride, got a great deal on Tire warmers from SV racing, found an old thread on a RC forum for 140/150 rr tires, $230 for 3 temp adjustable warmers so passing that forward, after 1 hr fr is 210F, rr is 200F. Instead of paying $450 for brand name warmers used the difference to buy the Slacker and remote. Needed to lower rt foot peg due to a knee injury, did it w/750mm Gold offset pegs from MC Motoparts, left side was fine-no offset needed-$60, cheaper than rear sets.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Magura HC-1 install was a breeze, did it exactly like the Youtube vid from manuf an hr incl soldering wires for brake switch. Was able to use stock line by re-routing, untill can replace with a longer line w/ flat end and route better, would have ben too much tension using stock routing, if only they weren't so stingy, the old SMC had plenty length. Second pic shows Speedo via the mounts that Mjoliat invented and while they look better cosmetically and weigh less the position makes it hard to read without looking down and raising my torso. I have a weird riding style with toes on pegs, belly on tank, knees squeezing tank a semi-crouch that comes from supermotos. So I'm going back to the stock mount, ideally it would be about 2 in farther foward. I paid $54 ls hardware, if anyone wants them i'll sell the mounts for $50

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Used2bfast,

Nice setup, my Frando MC was a direct swap including the micro-switch.
How many mm is your MC?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got the 15 mm, compared to stock felt a little woody at first till got used to it. Seemed the stock kept getting closer to the bar with each use, no more of that- it's hard as a parson's pickle every time. This is the same mc that Ari Henning used on their RC390. This mc is used on lots of heavier street bikes, cruisers, etc. It is as good if not better than the Brembo that I had on the 625SMC and costs less around $217 on Amazon(arrived in 3 days). I chose Magura cause didn't want to wait 2 months to import the Frando and seals would be more readily available if needed. Also Magura has been around as long as I can remember, never heard of Frando. Same reasons went with Ohlins shock at $600 vs that $420 one from Italy, no wait and the ability to get seals and service.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Nice, I'm never in a hurry as where I live you need to get used to being patient.
Frando is an established brake company from Taiwan and an older member (unfortunately no longer an active member as before Diploman) draw my attention to this brand.
I now also have their 4 cylinder front calliper and spares are readily available as well.
My MC is also 15mm and as yours gives much more feedback and never (so far) gets soggy.
The Frando guy's sponsor the Kawasaki Club racing bikes.
I paid less than USD 200 for my MC.
Do you mean to say you've got Öhlins fork inserts or the rear shock?
I don't believe I ever saw Öhlins fork inserts for our bikes that is why I got the Andreani set.
The Ari Henning recommended Trail-Tech TTO temperature gauge I ordered in your country in February this year I received early October and installed this the next day, very satisfied.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, location availability and wait time has a lot to do w/ selection. Here we have about 1 month left before winter and that's it for 5 months. Have both Ohlins rear shock and Andreani carts. This Magura 15 mm feels like it could easily work w a caliper with larger pistons but don't need that for my riding. I used to rarely trail brake, it came from a "no-brakes" drill on trackdays that I was taught by the late Frank Kinsey ( 15 times raced Daytona 200)which is great for judging your entry speed and helps keep you out of trouble. Now with the clip-ons and maybe 50% more front tire feedback I am trail braking almost every turn, always practicing, interestingly studies have shown that the fastest riders use their brakes the most, get on them sooner, and brake later- the catch is they don't use them as hard. Here's a track tutorial.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts