KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,855 Posts
All in all, a bit of a combination of translations and using old drawings (even though they write these may differ from what you receive in the box).
I have a little of the same now with the Mupo Caliber22 inserts.
There is a ring in the kit which is not mentioned in the description, wrench sizes are not for this model and I am not able to bottom out the rebound (right side) by pushing (hard) with the fork leg out of the bike.
Obviously, I will need to check all when riding and I still need to install the left (compression) side ones I get the foot off the inner tube.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@KTMasean ,

The Andreani 105/KT7E is the kit for 390 Duke and the 105/KT8E is for RC390 (years 2017 and later), per the Andreani website: Benvenuti nel sito ufficiale di Andreani Group International

Unfortunately, I did not measure the total front suspension travel of the 105/KT7E cartridge while I had the forks apart. I assumed it would be the 142mm stated in the KTM service manual. Probably not a good assumption! I'll measure the total travel when I have the forks apart again in near future.

All in all, the Andreani cartridges are a definite improvement over stock for sporty riding, but if I were to do it again, I'd pay up for Ohlins. I hope that would let me avoid the ride height change, the unclear documentation, experimenting with different fork oil to achieve the damping I want etc.
While it's still early for me to make conclusions about the Andreani cartridges, I would definitely agree that getting them to work for a street oriented bike is not straightforward. And the documentation is awful! I don't see any other fork kits for the 2017+ 390 Duke. Ohlins, GP Suspension, Mupo, etc., only list RC390 kits or earlier generation Duke. Have I missed an alternative for the Duke?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Unfortunately, I did not measure the total front suspension travel of the 105/KT7E cartridge while I had the forks apart. I assumed it would be the 142mm stated in the KTM service manual. Probably not a good assumption! I'll measure the total travel when I have the forks apart again in near future.
If you managed to attach the legs back without messing with the brake line, perhaps yours is the correct length. In my case, the brake line suddenly was too short to reach the caliper, so I took the leg apart and measured the stroke (without spring) with a caliper, it was 150 mm. I even took a photo that shows the overall length difference:
Household hardware Nickel Gas Wood Cylinder

I wouldn't be surprised if they screw up only some of the cartridges, who knows.

I don't see any other fork kits for the 2017+ 390 Duke. Ohlins, GP Suspension, Mupo, etc., only list RC390 kits or earlier generation Duke. Have I missed an alternative for the Duke?
I was sure I saw Ohlins inserts for the Duke but now I can't find them in Ohlins catalogue and on the site I think I saw it before, so maybe I was imagining things, or looked at the RC by mistake?

81 - 83 of 83 Posts