KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i'm from italy, i've owned a new black ktm duke 390, and i have a question, what parts must be changed to increase the appear and the power (as more as is possible) and where can i buy them?
thanks, lamps guys!

·
Registered
817 Posts
To increase power you have basically an off the shelf option. Change the air filter to either DNA, K&N or BMC I think its called.
Change your pipe, spend the money on Akra or Arrow. So far continual good dyno returns reported.
Add a Powertronic Piggyback ECU, it will increase rev range and HP.
With those 3 things you should at least 5hp increase, for more you will have to do engine work or add a turbo ;)

Google them mate so you can find stuff in your area. My links will only have you paying shite loads for freight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi bro.

i think your the same person that joined KTM Duke 390 Malaysia right?..

first thing that i change is the throttle grip. factory one just make my palm blistered but thats me. dont know if you can stand the factory hand grip:D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tail tidy kit is always popular for an aesthetic mod.

I also agree about the Arrow or Akrapovic exhaust. If you've got the money, those are the ones to go with.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Akra is the best bet.
With the tail tidy mod, be sure to remember that there is going to be a lot of dirt and much thrown up near the tail lamp and rear seat area. Might not be the best of an idea during the monsoon rides on slush or off road stretches.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Akra is the best bet.
With the tail tidy mod, be sure to remember that there is going to be a lot of dirt and much thrown up near the tail lamp and rear seat area. Might not be the best of an idea during the monsoon rides on slush or off road stretches.
Good point, i think thats something a lot of people don't think if until later when they get reminded the ugly way.

·
Registered
520 Posts
just stick around here and see what everyone does

everyone has their own tastes and preferences

find your own after seeing what everyone else does

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good point, i think thats something a lot of people don't think if until later when they get reminded the ugly way.
even with the standard tail all sorts of dirt and water keeps jumping onto my back. just imagined it tail-less... but then again, its up to the owner personal preference.;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Again the tail tidy is definitely a personal preference but I think it improved the look of my bike 10 fold, especially when coupled with the solo seat cowl

·
Registered
817 Posts
The water from the tail tidy really isnt a huge issue to be honest, you dont get that wet and road grime is minimal. I should point out I dont have crazy roads like some here but I do have a fair bit of road grime.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts