KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats right folks, we have the nakeds, the sports and the enduros. Now we're going to have a supermotard from KTM. Coming to us live from KTMforum.eu

You can clearly tell the supermotard is based on the duke. The trellis although camofloged can be seen weaving its way through the bike, Rims are exactly the same as production Dukes, same upside down forks however they are clearly longer with more travel. Steering angle seems to be of been relaxed slightly as well. The rear shock will naturally have more travel as well, but the real sweetheart of this photo is the new swing arm angle.

I don't know if the Duke based supermotard is enough to curb my RC lust but we shall see ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah we do have sometime to think it through and look at the comparables for the time being.

What other bikes are you guys considering?

·
Registered
179 Posts
It looks like a nice bike, but you can't see too much about it because of the camouflage.

What are we expecting this bike to be? Faster, bigger, lighter/heavier? I don't really know what a supermotard is?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
thats a pretty sweet Supermotard, the fact that it's color scheme has been "cleaned up" is a plus for me. it's a look more geared towards someone like myself. next step....find a replacement for those mirrors....asap.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It looks like a nice bike, but you can't see too much about it because of the camouflage.

What are we expecting this bike to be? Faster, bigger, lighter/heavier? I don't really know what a supermotard is?
Faster?- The SM's top speed and acceleration should be about the same as the Duke's.
Bigger?- The SM should have a taller seat height and a more upright seating position which is very comfortable like siting in a chair.
Heavier?- The SM's weight should be about the same as a Duke's weight.

The big difference is longer suspension travel which allows an SM with a experienced SM rider to go where a Duke or RC could not.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
besides the Duke 390? The RC390 :D LOL

I've also been considering doing a 180 and picking up an 80s slabside.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Im not sold on this one, personally I think they are just trying to cash in on the indian market. Im all for cross platforms but I think they're going to far now, there no way I would want spend time on dirt with this type of frame and swingarm.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I guess its one of those bikes that sound better on paper than it actually is. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would buy this Supermoto 390 because I ride on pavement and would enjoy the taller seat height and suspension travel.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would buy this Supermoto 390 because I ride on pavement and would enjoy the taller seat height and suspension travel.
May I suggest raising the handle bar and thicker seat foam. Not sure what to do about the suspension travel though.

Reactions: Rural

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
are you sure you need more suspension travel and not just a heavier spring rate? could be you're running too much sag and you bottom out quicker...

Just a thought, considering the low end price and the bonkers performance of 390 they had to cut somewhere and most of the time its suspension :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts