KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
KTMDukeForum.com Vendor
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are now stocking the US Specific kit from Evo Tech, and are very impressed with the quality, completeness, and fitment of the kit. It includes the rear tail panel, the full bottom panel, light, and plate mount. Installs in minutes, and is fully plug and play.

MNNTHBX - Enter

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Greg, You might want to do a final edit on your headline/text before pushing the "submit" button. I think your thread title might be a little off-target......

EVO Tech piece looks good.

·
KTMDukeForum.com Vendor
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greg, You might want to do a final edit on your headline/text before pushing the "submit" button. I think your thread title might be a little off-target......

EVO Tech piece looks good.
Fat fingers for the loss....

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have one and love it, took about 40 minutes to install. FWI, take your time aligning and installing the inner fender.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ordered mine today

·
Registered
79 Posts
Diploman and Hoover - Curious what you guys were running before? stock setup, or did you hack it off like I did?
This really is my favorite looking fender eliminator so far.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Diploman and Hoover - Curious what you guys were running before? stock setup, or did you hack it off like I did?
This really is my favorite looking fender eliminator so far.
Stock.
I learned a long time ago when modding a bike, to never hack up the stock parts.
You never get your money back in mods if you sell the bike modded.
If and when I sell a bike, all stock parts go back on, and I part out the mods.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
As I explained in another post, I have reluctantly hung on to the whale-tail until now, thinking I would need it if ever I rode in the rain - despite the fact that I find that particular piece of the bike truly butt-ugly. But it is functional if you ride in rain, mud, puddles wet pavement or dirt. I try not to indulge in any of those (except dirt, occasionally). I came to the realization that I just don't need the whale-tail. I considered a DIY, but the Evo Tech tidy is so factory-perfect and classy I know I could never do a homebrew as flawless. I am certain the Evo Tech tidy will give me aesthetic pleasure commensurate with the price. And getting rid of the whale-tail will be like taking two Aleve's for my eyes......

·
Registered
916 Posts
So, observations
1. Came in record time. 2 Days, epic.
2. Beautifully packaged. Bubble wrapped like a fiend
3. No instructions, have to go on line to evotech website and download the 25, yes, 25 page instruction guide...Psssssht, who needs instructions. How hard can it be?
4. And this is the most serious, NO STICKERS ??????????????? What the F boys? That's a golden rule, you buy mods, you get a sticker. My beer fridge is testimony to how many mods I have paid for over the years. Tres disapointed :(

Anyhoo, I'll install this thing of beauty this weekend, heck, I may even do a "How To", if I'm not too lazy.

Thanks for the speedy service guys.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Love my Evotech tail tidy. Didn't get it from MNNTX as they were not stocking it yet. It's an easy install, especially as my bike is new and things are not corroded and bound up. I made sure the lights worked before buttoning it all up.

·
Registered
364 Posts
So, observations
3. No instructions, have to go on line to evotech website and download the 25, yes, 25 page instruction guide...Psssssht, who needs instructions. How hard can it be?
4. And this is the most serious, NO STICKERS ??????????????? What the F boys? That's a golden rule, you buy mods, you get a sticker. My beer fridge is testimony to how many mods I have paid for over the years. Tres disapointed :(

Anyhoo, I'll install this thing of beauty this weekend, heck, I may even do a "How To", if I'm not too lazy.

My beer fridge is the same. :)

·
KTMDukeForum.com Vendor
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Serious foul no doubt... Unfortunately, you caught us at a time when we're awaiting 10,000 decals to arrive any day....

So, observations

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
My Evotech tidy arrived in two days after ordering, with MNNTHBX's fine, fast service. Merci! The box was festooned with colorful - orange and black - shipping tape, which led the ladies at the Post Office to speculate about what new fashion house I had ordered my wife's Mother's Day present from!

I downloaded the comprehensive installation instructions from Evotech's website, then headed for the garage with my laptop. Having the laptop beside me for reference was very handy for this job. The whale-tail and oversized tail light put up little resistance and were soon in the box of removed parts. (The tail light will have a new home aboard my V50 Guzzi.) Indicators and license plate light were set aside for fitting with the new world-standard tail light.

Disassembly of the bike's tail end provided a perfect opportunity to install the BackOff tail light flasher I had ordered, on Tony's recommendation. This was easy, requiring one snipped wire, two tiny Posi-Lock connectors, some small lengths of shrink tubing and a crimp-on lug for the ground wire. Works like a champ, and ups the conspicuity factor of the new, smaller tail light.

Installation of the new tail tidy was slightly fiddly, but straightforward, with the instructions providing useful guidance for the sequence of events. Fit of the new parts is good, not perfect. (In the real world, I think a perfect fit with the existing plastic bodyworks parts would be unachievable, given that the plastic is flexible and probably assumes a slightly different configuration on every bike.)
The only difficult part of the assembly was fitting the screws that draw together the OEM side panels and the outer wings of the new tidy. Getting the holes to align was a bit of a bugger, but overcome in the end.

The new part is indeed very - tidy. Far more sanitary than the DIY I had contemplated. Looking at the bike, I am reminded of a Bobcat, a Corgi, or a Manx cat - the tail does look seriously bobbed, and the visual balance of the whole bike shifts notably toward the front. Looks good, but will take some time for the eye to adjust. With the expansive, draggy and very forgettable whale-tail now disappeared, I'm certain the bike's aerodynamic coefficient of drag will be lowered by at least a percent or two, making it easier to Do The Ton if the impulse strikes.

All in all, it was a great transaction, impeccable service, relatively easy installation, and a classy, professional part upgrade. I am happy.

Reactions: Hoover

·
Registered
916 Posts
My Evotech tidy arrived in two days after ordering, with MNNTHBX's fine, fast service. Merci! The box was festooned with colorful - orange and black - shipping tape, which led the ladies at the Post Office to speculate about what new fashion house I had ordered my wife's Mother's Day present from!

I downloaded the comprehensive installation instructions from Evotech's website, then headed for the garage with my laptop. Having the laptop beside me for reference was very handy for this job. The whale-tail and oversized tail light put up little resistance and were soon in the box of removed parts. (The tail light will have a new home aboard my V50 Guzzi.) Indicators and license plate light were set aside for fitting with the new world-standard tail light.

Disassembly of the bike's tail end provided a perfect opportunity to install the BackOff tail light flasher I had ordered, on Tony's recommendation. This was easy, requiring one snipped wire, two tiny Posi-Lock connectors, some small lengths of shrink tubing and a crimp-on lug for the ground wire. Works like a champ, and ups the conspicuity factor of the new, smaller tail light.

Installation of the new tail tidy was slightly fiddly, but straightforward, with the instructions providing useful guidance for the sequence of events. Fit of the new parts is good, not perfect. (In the real world, I think a perfect fit with the existing plastic bodyworks parts would be unachievable, given that the plastic is flexible and probably assumes a slightly different configuration on every bike.)
The only difficult part of the assembly was fitting the screws that draw together the OEM side panels and the outer wings of the new tidy. Getting the holes to align was a bit of a bugger, but overcome in the end.

The new part is indeed very - tidy. Far more sanitary than the DIY I had contemplated. Looking at the bike, I am reminded of a Bobcat, a Corgi, or a Manx cat - the tail does look seriously bobbed, and the visual balance of the whole bike shifts notably toward the front. Looks good, but will take some time for the eye to adjust. With the expansive, draggy and very forgettable whale-tail now disappeared, I'm certain the bike's aerodynamic coefficient of drag will be lowered by at least a percent or two, making it easier to Do The Ton if the impulse strikes.

All in all, it was a great transaction, impeccable service, relatively easy installation, and a classy, professional part upgrade. I am happy.
So seeing as you didn't take pics, I guess I have to eh!! :eek:

Reactions: Diploman

·
Registered
916 Posts
Serious foul no doubt... Unfortunately, you caught us at a time when we're awaiting 10,000 decals to arrive any day....
Well, as you have my address, I'll expect them soon then....Perhaps I need more than one, to make up for my crushing disappointment.
Then, just then, I might drop it. Just in time for me to order my Bazzaz >:D

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Hoover, This is perfect opportunity for an accomplished how-to documenter to become twice-immortalized (after the SPAL masterpiece). You and Luc are now the go-to guys!

Reactions: Hoover
1 - 20 of 21 Posts