KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the uk dukes different to other countries dukes regarding the throttle travel. I have read that the duke throttle is around 110 degrees hence the need for a throttle mod. I got my duke delivered yesterday and was a bit worries by this and was looking to change the throttle immediately. My throttle is 80 odd degrees so I'm confused now.

·
Registered
817 Posts
They will all be identical other than the required licensing limitations per country (Kw-Hp). Ive never measured the true travel of the throttle its just looooonnnng.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was really worried about the throttle having a long throw since reading the stories. My throttle is surprisingly short if anything which makes me think they must of changed it for the 2014 model.

·
Registered
817 Posts
If your happy with the throttle then spend the money on something else mate, its not a must do just rider preference.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had the same impression as Mostin. The throttle travel is indeed quite long but I thought it was going to be worse. I'll measure the angle and let you know.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I measured the angle in my bike (model 2015, delivered one month ago) and it was 90 degrees. It wasn't a scientifically accurate measurement but I believe is close to it.

I was also concerned about all that I have red in forums but IMO I'll leave that stock. Will spend the money in a ergo seat instead.

·
Registered
13 Posts
just checked my 14. Without measuring exactly i can confirm it's 90 or less. Moreso closer to 80 degree mark. Ill check if full throttle is a fully open butterfly incase it's been resticted in anyway. Saying that the throttle travel is actually quite normal to any bike i've ever ridden.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Contrary to what many think, I feel the stock pipe's travel is perfect.
Especially for touring and off road stretches - shorter travel would make it really hard to modulate the throttle smoothly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I find the throttle way to long on my 2014 Duke, Build date on my plate was either January, or early Feb 2014, and is definitely longer than 90 degrees. Would definitely like to see some other options to swap to

·
Registered
38 Posts
I find the throttle way to long on my 2014 Duke, Build date on my plate was either January, or early Feb 2014, and is definitely longer than 90 degrees. Would definitely like to see some other options to swap to
I did a throttle mod and it works very well, still to this day.
The travel is substantially shorter than stock

·
Registered
817 Posts
It will only fit if your changing bars as well due to plugs in the end. Would reduce any play but its not a must.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Throttle body

Guys what i have figured out today after some research.

Duke 200 and Part number for throttle body is 90641001044 (EU ) in India it starts with J..... please ring the pic below.

Duke 390 and Part number for throttle body is 90241001000 (EU ) in India it starts with J..... please ring the pic below.

Today i went to the dealer and confirmed these above part numbers don't exist with KTM India. the Part numbers here start with J.....

The model number for D200 throttle body is DC 2 physically on the indian bikes. ( In the parts catalogue it shows as DC1).
The model number for D390 throttle body is DC 5 physically on all the indian bikes. ( The part numbers are from 2014 catalogues)

My theory for all this research is if you watch closely the cam on the throttle body
for D390 is not round as it is in D200.

But the indian D390 throttle body cam is round as in D200.

so if the european models have elongated cam they should have shorter throttle travel. where as the asian models have round cam so the throttle travel is longer.

i dunno if you guys understood and agree with my theory..

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
Understand what your saying but changing that piece is or more difficult than changing the throttle tube. Plus you would need to measure butterfly positions as that cam is controlling this.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts