KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Duke 390
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im new in this Forum, And I am currently looking to buy a duke 390 from 2015. Could i get an opinion on the reliability of the bike? anything I should check before making the purchase? The bike has 44 k's on it.
Any information will be appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Seems my post vanished? I'll re-type it..

I would look for a 390 with less mileage as it is a small capacity engine (waits for the internet meltdown..)

If you plan on riding it hard ditch the stock suspension and grab the many aftermarket swap n go options, replace the handgrips with softer ones and replace the seat with anything, even a tree branch freshly cut offers more butt cushioning :)

Otherwise its one awesome little bike that you can get your knee down anywhere, wheely in second without the clutch (using the pillion peg) and handles like an absolute dream! I wish I had found this little bike sooner its just a fantastic bike.

EDIT - im not sure if you meant 44 thousand klms or 44klms now I re-read it?

·
Registered
KTM Duke 390 - 2016
1 Posts
Seems my post vanished? I'll re-type it..

I would look for a 390 with less mileage as it is a small capacity engine (waits for the internet meltdown..)

If you plan on riding it hard ditch the stock suspension and grab the many aftermarket swap n go options, replace the handgrips with softer ones and replace the seat with anything, even a tree branch freshly cut offers more butt cushioning :)

Otherwise its one awesome little bike that you can get your knee down anywhere, wheely in second without the clutch (using the pillion peg) and handles like an absolute dream! I wish I had found this little bike sooner its just a fantastic bike.

EDIT - im not sure if you meant 44 thousand klms or 44klms now I re-read it?
I can't even begin to tell anyone else how accurate your seat statement is 😂

Also would like to add: - it gets great mileage!
  • Even with the stock exhaust (I have the 2016 version), it pops and crackles on the overrun and is very satisfying.
  • It pulls quite hard, and this is coming from someone who passed his license on an Mt-07.
  • Slipper clutch as standard, as well as ABS, are huge benefits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts