KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey every1, i baught a slip on but i cant find a mid pipe for the duke 390 i searched everywhere only place i can find them is on wish.com, anyone in the u.s know where i can order 1? I was gonna grind the stock pipe off the exhaust lol,, Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lots of options on ebay and looks like LeoVince makes one if you want a name brand. Try searching "link pipe" instead of midpipe and you might have better results. (This is assuming you have a 17+)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i searched everywhere exept ebay lol forgot about that 1,, yea i just found 1 on there and ordered it lol thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sweet! I'll be interested to hear how you like it. Some examples were 1/5th the price of the LeoVince piece which scares me a bit.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Had a Mivv mid pipe first but was too loud for me so went with the Leo Vince. Let me know if you still need one, I'd like to sell the Mivv!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a Mivv mid pipe first but was too loud for me so went with the Leo Vince. Let me know if you still need one, I'd like to sell the Mivv!
Does the mid pipe make a diffrence with the sound also? Where you located and how much

·
Registered
12 Posts
Everything in the exhaust has the potential to change the sound.

Getting rid of the catalytic converter makes a pretty noticable change in most cases. Always towards the loud end of the spectrum.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea getting rid of the converter changes the sound alot, i dont think ill be removing mine anytime soon, dont know how to work on bikes were in a heatwave and fires burning around me so just wanted to put on a slip on exhaust for now, hate the stock sound

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ah, in that case, be careful with your mid pipe selection, some of them include a cat delete and others stop at the cat. I had assumed you wanted to go catless.

I lucked out and found a bike with the Akra slip on and I love it. Still very sensible. If I ever want it to be louder I'll just yank the baffle. Price tag is tough to justify though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea thats why it was hard to find a mid pipe, most of them said decat but found a couple on ebay, ill see how it works out when i get it, if it still sounds like **** i might just decat the bike or get a bigger bike since the size of the 390 is starting to annoy me lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed a Competition Werkes cat delete. Saved weight and sounded a it louder. Not loud enough to hear it on the highway over wind noise. I then added thier mid pipe to delete tea kettle. More weight lost and perfect sound. I roll of throttle around town and passing cars as it is a little load. Stock muffler. Perfect for me. Funny thing though, it made it run too rich in the wide open 5000 to 8000. I use an afr meter and powertronic to adjust.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea i ordered the coober filter cap and exhaust, and wanna get an ecu but im waiting to install the filter and ecu untill i get the rpm unlocked, still got about 120 miles to go, i need to find me some biker freinds so they can tell me what i need lol i dont know shitt about bikes

·
Registered
12 Posts
You're thinking about ditching the Duke and you haven't even unlocked redline yet?! 😱

Edit: Egg on my face, you said the size is the issue, not the power.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's great! Well they use front spoilers on MotoGP bikes now. Still really not sure how that's beneficial - is it just to keep the front wheel down when accelerating [on a straight] ?
Idk what it does i just put it on the back for fun lol,, cuz my bike is like them asian race cars when i ride with freinds cuz they got R1's so i sound like im going fast but when they turn heads im passing slow lol so i put a wing on it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts