KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Seat cowl cool, hugger cool bellypan not cool. Even the OE Duke unit looks better IMO.
That belly pan is just out f keeping . it being in plain white certainly doesn't help . The hugger I could live with , but again I haven't ordered one as soon I saw it .

·
Registered
723 Posts
Well you did ask........

At first I thought it looked like it's trying to be one of these:

THEN I thought, no it actually looks more like this :

So if you are trying to beat Guy Martin across water, you need to change that rear tyre too ;)

Still, I don't like belly pans. Unless part of a full fairing, always just look like a pointless styling exercise to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well you did ask........

At first I thought it looked like it's trying to be one of these:

THEN I thought, no it actually looks more like this :

So if you are trying to beat Guy Martin across water, you need to change that rear tyre too ;)

Still, I don't like belly pans. Unless part of a full fairing, always just look like a pointless styling exercise to me.
:D That is hilarious man! :D

Appreciate all your views fellas.. Agreed the all-white pan doesn't sync with the rest of the bike, the intent was to mimic the look of the cup bikes by first trying out the RC pan, have a few changes in the color scheme 'n graphics on mind if none work will source one from Tyga racing:

Tyga Performance - Belly Pan, Race, (GRP), Cup Style, KTM RC390 - TYGA Composite Parts Stock List, All

this is an ongoing experiment mostly to change the riding experience, hence the RC rearsets, have a straight bar to be installed next for which I'm getting custom clamps done

·
Registered
723 Posts
:D That is hilarious man! :D
Glad you thought so. :)

it was the side on shot on the paddock stand that got me thinking - Jetski, does not look as bad in the other shot (although still not my thing) and I'm sure would look better in black.

will be interesting to see what you end up doing with it.

Happy modding :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
i think the belly pan looks pretty awesome. leaving it all white does kind of look jet ski hull-ish. paint it to match the frame, black, or slap a bunch of racing stickers on at the very least. they make your bike faster anyways

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I'm still thinking the same about this . Front and rear fender I can live with ( some other members have taken that route ) but the belly pan is harder to digest .

·
Registered
91 Posts
someone I follow on Instagram did this, looks pretty good and clean, but he wont tell me what belly pan is that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
. And here is my 390 with the RC fenders, but idk I might go the supermoto way, throw the original fenders back on, grab the powerparts headlight and get a 2017 390 belly pan

·
Registered
609 Posts
The RC belly pan is obviously a billboard for racing sponsors. So it has a purpose. Let's see how Nash29's paint job looks before deciding.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I realize this isn't a super current post, but for my .02, I like the belly pan... Agree a paint scheme would help it a bunch, but even the black that was added to it tamed it a bunch. I do like more than what the factory duke came with though. But I realize that's not a popular view, some even like to take it off all together. Keep us posted on your project.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still not able to finalize the full paint scheme, but threw a few new parts on 'n tried out some custom graphics that I designed 'n the look has transformed! here are some of the pics taken yesterday, waiting for more from my friend's DSLR

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Still not able to finalize the full paint scheme, but threw a few new parts on 'n tried out some custom graphics that I designed 'n the look has transformed! here are some of the pics taken yesterday, waiting for more from my friend's DSLR

Love it man! What headlight is that? Looks awesome

1 - 20 of 23 Posts