KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

Dunlop Sportmax GPR-300

8K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Wakeboarder 
#1 · (Edited)
My stock rear is done. As I'm using the Duke as a commuter more lately, looking for a reasonable tire that is still retains some performance. The Dunlop Sportmax GPR-300 looks to be a good fit. Has anyone tried this tire?

BTW, I would be getting a 140/70 rear

#2 ·
I almost bought one last week, but went for the Bridgestone as I'm not so concerned about tyre life, and it was a good price,
But the dealer recommended the Dunlop or Bridgestone, and I believe they are standard on the BMW G310.
If I was commuting I would have gone for the Dunlop.

#5 ·
I'm around 5500 miles and my rear tires is done which is lower than expected. I ran oem tire pressure when commuting but went slightly lower when doing spirited runs in the canyons. Most of my miles are commuter miles. Front tire still has plenty of life.

#7 ·
did you wear out the center section, or did you wear it out evenly?

different riding styles will wear out tires in a different way clearly.

Another tire to look at is the Dunlop Alpha series. They are supposed to have a harder center section for longer life when commuting and softer side sections to give more grip when leaned over. they are also supposed to be great in the rain.

#8 · (Edited)
as i'm using the duke mainly as a commuter now, the centers wore much faster than the sides. however, the center didn't wear evenly. at around 5,300 miles i noticed portion of the bands were exposed. this is with 29 psi cold.

anyhow, i decided to give the bridgestone s20 a try. while it still may not be the ideal commuter tire, i still want a tire that is track capable as i still would like to take the duke to the track. ideally, getting another set of wheels for track and commuter setup would be ideal.

btw, i also went with the 140 rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.