KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

This thread has been created to allow the sharing of maps used by your Power Commander V piggyback ECU module. If you have a developed a map & would like to share it with others, this is the place to do it. To keep this topic friendly & open, yet serious enough ('coz we are adjusting things that could lead to engine problems) I think we should follow these guidelines:

1).. Please DO NOT post maps developed by commercial sources like MNNTHBX, HardRacing etc. Those guys have spent their own time & money developing maps for their customers so it would be wrong for them to be pirated here. If you found the map available on another internet source, please credit the source.

2).. There are no warranties associated with any maps posted here. Everyone uses them at their own risk.

3).. When you upload a map to share, please ensure you have the following information in your post:

- Build year of your Duke or RC.
- Your country.
- Octane of fuel being used by you when you developed the map.
- Stock or aftermarket exhaust ? If aftermarket, which one ?
- Stock or aftermarker air filter. ? If aftermarket, which one ?
- Stock or aftermarket airbox lid ? If aftermarket, which one ?
- Have the map values been input manually or by using an autotune feature ?
- List any other modifications to your engine.
- Is this map for fuel only, or fuel & ignition ?
- Your impression of the performance you found using this map, like "Pulls strongly from low revs through midrange" or "Good for track use but not really for the street".

4).. Maps should be compressed (zipped-up) & attached to your post so they can be easily downloaded by other forum members.

Reactions: turboboxer6spd

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I'll start. This map was originally shared on the RC390 Forum.

- Assuming the OP was from NA, I'll say 2015 RC.
- Assume U.S.A.
- Unknown fuel.
- Stock exhaust
- K&N air filter.
- Stock airbox lid but modified.
- Autotune.
- Doesn't sound like any other mods done.
- Fuel & ignition.
- Comment was "This map ran on 2 RC 390s with same mods and the power increase was immediately noticeable. Lap times prove this as well."

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the map above! Based mine off it and had to make a few adjustments. I've got the WBC2 as well, so I've compared the changes I've made vs the WBC trims, and they're close!

- Sydney, AU - 2015 RC.
- Shell 91 (NOT E10, used 95 if 91 without E10 wasn't available).
- Stock exhaust
- K&N air filter.
- MNNTHBX Airbox cover
- Autotune.
- Fuel & ignition.

After the changes in this map there's a huge amount of difference in the pull between 5000 - 7,500 at between 60% - 90% throttle, it was WAY too lean before hand.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the map above! Based mine off it and had to make a few adjustments. I've got the WBC2 as well, so I've compared the changes I've made vs the WBC trims, and they're close!

- Sydney, AU - 2015 RC.
- Shell 91 (NOT E10, used 95 if 91 without E10 wasn't available).
- Stock exhaust
- K&N air filter.
- MNNTHBX Airbox cover
- Autotune.
- Fuel & ignition.

After the changes in this map there's a huge amount of difference in the pull between 5000 - 7,500 at between 60% - 90% throttle, it was WAY too lean before hand.

This map is super solid, I'm really liking it! Only thing I tweaked, I added 3 in every block from 2000 to 10000. That makes it less jerky when you dump the throttle.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Two PCV maps from Ben at Competition Werkes.

Stock ECU (NON-Akra)
Competition Werkes exhaust

One with stock airbox, one with open.

Attachments

·
Registered
675 Posts
Two PCV maps from Ben at Competition Werkes.

Stock ECU (NON-Akra)
Competition Werkes exhaust

One with stock airbox, one with open.
Is the dyno chart comparing a bone stock bike to one with an open air box & Werkes pipe or is it the before & after comparison of tuning a bike with an open air box & Werkes pipe?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is the dyno chart comparing a bone stock bike to one with an open air box & Werkes pipe or is it the before & after comparison of tuning a bike with an open air box & Werkes pipe?
Had the exact same question! :p

Also what is the searched for AFR target? I've read its around 13.5-13.7. Excuse me if it looks like I have no idea what I'm talking about, because I don't, still learning! :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Most of the best tuners don't necessarily use AFR targets. They tune for optimal power/torque which can range from 12.8- 13.2 based on what I've seen on the dyno maps that show the most consistent power gains. For those of us using autotune instead of a dyno, we can plug in AFR values from the most successful dyno charts and get similar results.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Most of the best tuners don't necessarily use AFR targets. They tune for optimal power/torque which can range from 12.8- 13.2 based on what I've seen on the dyno maps that show the most consistent power gains. For those of us using autotune instead of a dyno, we can plug in AFR values from the most successful dyno charts and get similar results.
Oh I seeeeee! So just looking at the maps just posted before (or the charts I guess). Is the AFR (I'm assuming its the flat line on the bottom graph) a little too lean in some areas? Its up around 14, or is that cool? Still learning!! :p hahah.

Cheers for the explanation though man!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Oh I seeeeee! So just looking at the maps just posted before (or the charts I guess). Is the AFR (I'm assuming its the flat line on the bottom graph) a little too lean in some areas? Its up around 14, or is that cool? Still learning!! :p hahah.

Cheers for the explanation though man!
You are looking at the correct line for AFRs on the chart and I think this particular chart is a little leaner than most but I'm only basing this on observations and my experience (I'm no expert).

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
They were using RC390 forum member Fasteddy's bike for the tuning, so before and after of same bike is what I believe this is showing.

Reactions: bahawton

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
On the topic, does it matter if you have the stock ECU flash or Akra ECU flash when loading maps onto your PCV?
It makes a difference as the base fueling is different between the two ECU images.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Just an update that I did some logging with Ben from Comp Werkes map for open airbox - was definitely on the lean side according to what I saw from Torque app. Upwards of 18 for AFR. I'm sticking to Chad's map that shows low 16s at times but never more than 16.2 from what I've seen so far.

I need to do more logging to be sure so will post more once I've had the time to check further.

Note that Ben's maps were built on non-Akra ECU, sho when running on an Akra based ECU, they should be even richer, which didn't appear to be the case for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would anyone have a map for a 2019 Duke 390 with just the cat delete? Or would anyone have a suggestion as to where I should start? I will be installing the werkes Cat delete tonight and I currently have a PCV with auto tune already installed. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
545 Posts
They might have one on the power commander V website, you just have to sign in to gain access to the tune files

1 - 17 of 17 Posts