KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I hope you are all okay with this crazy situation...

At least for now we can still drive our bike here in Canada, so I had my first "serious" ride of the season. It was nice but a bit chilly :)
I left Ottawa around 1:30pm and came back around 3:45pm. I went on the east of Ottawa, around Casselman. The roads are good but not at lot of curves there. But enough to had some fun!

I was able to test the changes that I did recently (Coober ECU, Cat Delete, Chamber Delete, and a GPR slip-on)
The bike run well and much more smoother. I can tell that there is more power. I feel that the bike has more life :)
I am very happy and impress by the changes that I did and particularly by the Coober ECU.

Stay safe guys and have a good one.
killza

·
Registered
107 Posts
The garage is my savior. And of course being able to ride, despite the generally cooler temperatures. But living in New York, still managed to get all the break-in miles in a month. Woo hoo! Yesterday I talked to my niece that lives in Austin TX - she said the cops are clamping down and fining people for any unnecessary travel. I mean, the epicenter is NYC, and New York hasn't taken it that far (yet??)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your message!
Good job for your beak-in buddy :)
Yes the garage is also my savior! I hope for better days and that we will be able to ride this summer.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Welcome from the US!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Astromars!
nooo :( I really hope for better days...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just did some riding this weekend too, taking advantage of the lonely highways, I need to do the 1st service on the bike ,not sure if it will be possible :(, greetings from Mexico!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi Deathsem.

Thanks for your message. Do you need to check the valves on your first service ? if not it is easy to do the first service by yourself... it can be an option :). And you keep the receipts (parts and oil) and do some pictures. If one day you need to use the warranty, you can prove that you did your service properly.

Anyways, I don't know for how long we will be able to ride here in Ontario, but for now we are good... in the Quebec side they already put some restrictions about travelling from a region to another.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Greetings from Port St. Lucie, Florida! I live outside of Buffalo 7 months a year , here 5 but decided to stay till this **** passes. Bought a '19 Lil Duke in mid-March at great price. Now spending my time doing mods like Peg Lowering, Ram mount for Phone, Puig Windscreen, Grip Puppies, and waiting for a Shad 34 Topcase and Rack. Just turned 440 miles trying to get to 600 to do 1st oil change and checkover. The best 'Social Distancing' is riding, no need to stop ✋!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Dafonman. Yes I can understand that it is better for you to stay in Florida!
Amazing, I look forward to see some pictures of your bike :) Did you create a thread ?
And yes you are right -> no need to stop! I plan to do a ride this coming weekeend. The weather forecast for Ottawa indicate that is going to be 13C (55F) on Saturday ☀

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Deathsem.

Thanks for your message. Do you need to check the valves on your first service ? if not it is easy to do the first service by yourself... it can be an option :). And you keep the receipts (parts and oil) and do some pictures. If one day you need to use the warranty, you can prove that you did your service properly.

Anyways, I don't know for how long we will be able to ride here in Ontario, but for now we are good... in the Quebec side they already put some restrictions about travelling from a region to another.
Hello!, unfortunately we don't have the protections you northerners have, I will definitely need to do all the services at the KTM dealer until the warranty expires, I will need to check if I can do at least oil changes in between services, but I doubt it, keep on riding now that you still can!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
okay I understand. Here I think that the dealership are still open but only for online orders. I hope you will be able to do your 1st service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can some one help, how much should I port, the intake and exhaust outlet. And my is bike is running for a ¼mile drag race.

·
Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
Better get in contact with tuners that are doing our bikes.
MC Garage (Youtube), Rottweiler (USA) and some Italian tuners of which 1 built a turbo version.
I know of no one on the forum that has done this, perhaps on the RC forum?

Just remember, there is an Indian Chip-tune company claiming to get 50HP on the dyno out of the 390 engine (can't recall their name a.t.m.)

Can some one help, how much should I port, the intake and exhaust outlet. And my is bike is running for a ¼mile drag race.

·
Registered
2 Posts

MC Garage (Youtube), Rottweiler (USA) and some Italian tuners of which 1 built a turbo version.

Just remember, there is an Indian Chip-tune company claiming to get 50HP on the dyno out of the 390 engine (can't recall their name a.t.m.)
[

It's Mantra Racing from India, Karnataka, Bengaluru.
Producing 55.1Bhp

·
Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
Right, Mantra Racing, you may also look at TYGA Performance who do a very nice new exhaust set-up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts