KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sirs I found a tuning software called BitBox and BitEdit that are capable to read/write in the KTM ECU (BitBox) and Edit the ECU map (BitEdit). Have anyone seen this software before?
Dim motorsport confirm that KTM Duke 125/200/390 use the Bosch M17.8.7.
Not so expensive. http://ecutools.eu/chip-tuning/bitedit/
Luis
Hi LNICK

Check this thread out (multi-page):
http://www.ktmduke390forum.com/forum/engine-technical-discussion/37273-r-d-testing-ecu-reverse-engineering.html

Notice that BitEdit map editing software lists support (provides definitions) for the Bosch M17 and Infineon TriCore 1762 MCU:
Module Bosch M17.8.7 - BitEdit.ru

Also notice that BitBox does list support for the M17 in various vehicles but does NOT list support for reading or flashing the M17 in the KTM. KTM is nowhere to be found on the list:
http://bitbox.ru/portal/misc/cardb-download

I believe this is because KTM's ECU cannot simply be flashed via the CANBUS/K-Line externally using the standard J2534 adapter. And I believe this is no accident by KTM. So other than using proprietary KTM software, I think the MCU needs to be "hijacked" to run in "boot mode" via its JTAG interface by grounding/asserting the "boot pin" for the duration of the CANBUS read/write operation. This obviously requires the ECU to be physically opened and prepped.

This is all speculation as I've never done it and I may have bungled some information. I haven't heard back from the OP of the thread here I linked to at the top. I plan on experimenting with my ECU during the winter freeze. I can't stand the part-throttle low rev behavior of the stock map.

Let us know any information you dig up. Corrections welcome

·
Registered
167 Posts
Also if anyone is going to experiment with the boot pin, maybe start with a high value resistor inline on that jumper. I'm not responsible for any magic blue smoke emanating from a previously non-smoking ECU

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi LNICK

This is all speculation as I've never done it and I may have bungled some information. I haven't heard back from the OP of the thread here I linked to at the top. I plan on experimenting with my ECU during the winter freeze. I can't stand the part-throttle low rev behavior of the stock map.

Let us know any information you dig up. Corrections welcome
^^^^ I felt the same with my '16, but after adding the DimSport RB EVO (exclusive), that has transformed into a very normal and pleasurable experience. This unit also lets the user adjust the engine braking, which it also extremely helpful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been tuning ecu for several years. Currently waiting for the break in period over. 380km, 620km to go. Will ride it everyday.
Hi Satria
Have you done the ECU tuning yet? are you using bitedit to do the mapping?
I have manage to read the bin file from the ECU with Galleto and try to find some maps with Winols and Tunerpro.
Still haven't found the acceleration enrichment and de-acceleration en-leanment maps.
I also believe there should be a map or some maps for speed limiter at 5th and 6th gear (i might be wrong about this).
There a lot of maps to be found.
Please find attached pictures for your reference.

I do not have any experience with Bosch ECU and unfortunately i don't have any file neither to compare with.
CMIIW, but I think this ECU only being used by KTM, Polaris (RZR 800) and probably some Bajaj bikes.
Will share the file once I finished editing the XDF file and try it (planned on Sunday),
Currently it might have some incorrect description, or worse it might have some incorrect definitions.
Do hope I can get some help and correction about this maps and finally make it as a complete XDF file that available for everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sorry to highjack this tread. Does anybody of you know were to find a detailed manual and/or wiring diagram for our Bosch ECU?
I don't plan to tune it. I want to know which connection is what and maybe some more info.
Basically my idea is to learn and understand.
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Satria
I have manage to read the bin file from the ECU with Galleto and try to find some maps with Winols and Tunerpro.
Still haven't found the acceleration enrichment and de-acceleration en-leanment maps.
I also believe there should be a map or some maps for speed limiter at 5th and 6th gear (i might be wrong about this).

I do not have any experience with Bosch ECU and unfortunately i don't have any file neither to compare with.
CMIIW, but I think this ECU only being used by KTM, Polaris (RZR 800) and probably some Bajaj bikes.
Will share the file once I finished editing the XDF file and try it (planned on Sunday),
Currently it might have some incorrect description, or worse it might have some incorrect definitions.
Do hope I can get some help and correction about this maps and finally make it as a complete XDF file that available for everyone.
Yours is old model? My bike is 2018 model. ECU is different. Your bike i believe is the metal case bosch. Mine is small plastic case bosch EMP44. I did read the file, but struggling finding the checksum for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yours is old model? My bike is 2018 model. ECU is different. Your bike i believe is the metal case bosch. Mine is small plastic case bosch EMP44. I did read the file, but struggling finding the checksum for it.

Yes you are right, mine is M17.8.7 with TC1762.

I guess it would be totally different.
Anyway i will share any progress i made.
Thanks mate

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been tuning ecu for several years. Currently waiting for the break in period over. 380km, 620km to go. Will ride it everyday.

buset, kang cendol maennya jauh juga...

so how about the spark plug i've sent you earlier? still im good shape? well i hope is not... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you share the XDF file?

Hi Satria

Hi Han_s, Awesome work man!. Can you please share the XDF file (even if it's incomplete), it will help me tremendously understanding the workings and structures of different maps in the duke, I have a KTM RC200 , which shares the same ECU M17.8.7 metal body, I have the files extracted from my ECU, maybe we can share the ECU bin files with each other and compare a few maps between a 200 and 250. I am working on Winols and trying on TunerPro.

Reactions: Guillermo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Satria

Hi Han_s, Awesome work man!. Can you please share the XDF file (even if it's incomplete), it will help me tremendously understanding the workings and structures of different maps in the duke, I have a KTM RC200 , which shares the same ECU M17.8.7 metal body, I have the files extracted from my ECU, maybe we can share the ECU bin files with each other and compare a few maps between a 200 and 250. I am working on Winols and trying on TunerPro.
Yes, for sure i will share the XDF file, but I will be able to send you the file tonight once I've got back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, for sure i will share the XDF file, but I will be able to send you the file tonight once I've got back.
Thanks man for replying back, I'll be waiting, Please send the XDF file alomg with your ECU files because my bike is a 200 so your xdf might only work with your ecu files.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks man for replying back, I'll be waiting, Please send the XDF file alomg with your ECU files because my bike is a 200 so your xdf might only work with your ecu files.

Bro,
sorry for the delay:)
i can only upload the XDF as i can't upload more than 98kb.
let me know your email and I will send you the original bin file along with my tuned bin file, for your reference.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts