KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went out to start the bike and when I turned the key the TFT showed the bike being in 3rd gear which was odd as I always shut down in 1st. Tried to shift it to neutral to start it and the shift indicator shows blank. No gear. Shift back up and shows 3rd again. Turn the key off and back on. Same thing but I get a red "ECU Failure" notification at the bottom of the screen and the coolant temperature indicator was flashing red.

So I shut it down, put it in neutral and tried starting again and it fired right up.

The bike had been sitting for about 3 hours in the "hot" sun (27°C) but couldn't imagine that to be the cause.

Anyone else experience this? Find a cause?

· Registered
510 Posts
It seems the software has a few bugs. Maybe it's the software, maybe a sensor or the cabling...
I would take some pictures or better make a video to show the problem and then contact the dealer.

I had once a problem with the TFT screen off but the bike on and the green N light on. I switch the bike off and on again and it worked fine.
I showed the picture to the dealer and he acknowledged it but that's about it. We agreed if it happens again it's time to contact KTM and ask for a replacement.

· Registered
920 Posts
It's mostly a software bug related to the TFT. There have been back to back software updates of the bike V37 all the way up to v42 which is the latest release. Do check with your dealer for more information.

Cheers!
V

· Registered
510 Posts
It seems the software has a few bugs. Maybe it's the software, maybe a sensor or the cabling...
I would take some pictures or better make a video to show the problem and then contact the dealer.

I had once a problem with the TFT screen off but the bike on and the green N light on. I switch the bike off and on again and it worked fine.
I showed the picture to the dealer and he acknowledged it but that's about it. We agreed if it happens again it's time to contact KTM and ask for a replacement.
An update to my own post: A few days ago I received a phone call from KTM that my new TFT display arrived. I was surprised because I didn't even know they ordered a new one. I visited them and they replaced it with a new one - all on warranty. Fine with me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts