KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've just bought a 390 duke and its been a month. I have completed the first 1000 km service. To date had a dream run with the bike. Great to ride. However last night I went for a ride and as I was riding the bike started to lose power and start back up. Progressively as I kept going it got worse, until it stalled completely. After sitting there for a while I was able to get it to the dealers door by playing with the revs and going the back streets. Has anyone else suffered this? I feel it is either a loose wire or the ECU is faulty. I was lucky to get it to the dealer who should be looking at it today.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
+1 to what Dan said. There are tons of Dukes here with the chronic cases of the battery terminals snapping off. Better check it first.
Mine didnt face this yet( touchwood!).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You both are right. There was a crack in the terminal. The repaired it. Maybe something KTM could look into in the future models.
All good now and having great fun riding around. Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Guys! I posted this one from another thread, I think I have the same problem with the thread owner. Thanks!

Hey Guys, Sorry for the very late replies. As you all know I'm located in the Philippines. There are a lot of other KTM owners who has problems with the Main Relay+ECU fuse blowing up. It happened to me again a couple of days ago after a month without it blowing up. After the Bike died down, I replaced the fuse after 5 mins. When I started the bike again after a few seconds it blew again. One other thing I notice is that when the bike is running earlier. Around the 3rd gear or 4th gear, the bike powers down for a bit then it comes back up. The dealer can't figure out what's going on, it maybe on the fuel pump or problems on the ECU mapping. Help from you guys is very much appreciated. Thanks again!

·
Registered
25 Posts
wikee9999,

Nearly all electrical problems come from bad connections. Before a fuse blows there must be overload from somewhere. Bad connections cause overloads. Check all earth (ground) connections & component / harness connector block, pins & sockets. Look for discoloured pins, clean up all suspect pins / sockets with glass fiber pen, small brass brush or scrapers then contact cleaner. When all cleaned, pack connector blocks with di-electrical silicone grease. This will help prevent further problems.
A common fault with 990 Superdukes is the ECU multi-pin connector blocks getting crudded up and causing all sorts of symptoms. I guess where you are from means much rain riding?

Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts