KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was practicing emergency breaking the other day, and I noticed when I would break very aggressively, gas would leak from the bike. It looked to be coming from underneath the left fairing. I am going to take the fairings off to check for any cracks in the fuel tank, but I don't think I would have any at just 2000 miles on the bike.

This isn't normal right? If I end up not seeing any cracks then what should I be checking? I'm not very mechanically inclined, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I had to guess , during heavy braking fuel / gas will slosh to the top of the tank near the filler. There will be a filler drain there to be used in the event of over filling at the gas station. The drains for these run down usually behind the engine.
Happy to be shot down though :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Usually, fuel leaks or overflows when the tank is filled to the brim and the bike laid on side stand or as you've mentioned aggressive braking which would cause the fuel to splosh around and find the nearest exit, in which case the breather tube. So, the idea would be try to stop overfilling and take it easy, this is the case with all bikes also depending on the breather/vent design

1 - 5 of 5 Posts