KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybodu know can i mount from ktm power parts end bar mirror 790 dyke on my 390 duke ?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Please use the search first, there is a thread ongoing on this exact issue:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
I sow ,i read it but no exact answer .
Do you know maybe does somebody from ktm can give me this answer
How i can contact them

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
As far as I know, we do not have people from KTM here or at least they have not come forward.
Best to contact the KTM Import in your country and ask them.
As I understood the post I put the link in for you:
The 790 bar-end mirrors do fit only for some reason they cannot point downwards.

·
Registered
300 Posts
You might look at the KTM website, then PowerParts, enter your bike year and specific COUNTRY model and see what you come up with for mirrors.
These are the bar end mirrors for fitting to a 2019 US 390 model. Also the plugs/caps to cover the holes left in the handlebar perches remaining after the factory mirrors are removed.
I am not sure that these mirrors are available yet ?

·
Registered
300 Posts
After a little research on the web, there appears to be only one difference in the ktm PowerPart mirrors between the 390 and 790/1290 versions and that is the inclusion of a couple different size bushings that must be needed to stabilize the mirror when mounted to the bars of the D390.

·
Registered
300 Posts
After even more research on the web, it appears as if those two small bushings/spacers ARE included with the 790/1290 mirror packaging. So I don’t know what the difference in the two PowerParts mirrors are, but it must be something that is not shown in the KTM catalogue photos.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot
Very helpful
I sow that also..but on ktm power parts when i input model and year showing this mirrors like you send
But on forum i read that one guy have issues to fit them..
Only reason why i asked
I already ordered them (same reference n. Now i checked )
I hope it will fit
But any way
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
300 Posts
I ordered a pair today as well. I don’t think it will be too difficult to get them installed. I may have to make spacers out of my handlebar weights by cutting off the part that inserts into the bar end, which also keys into the threaded insert in there. Cut that off and use it for the spacer, before bolting on the mirror. I will know more once the mirrors are here and I am underway.

·
Registered
300 Posts
After looking at my heavy bar end weights that I previously removed last year, it does not look like they will be of any sacrificial help for mounting the 790/1290 bar end mirrors.
I think it will be a trip to the hardware store for some pieces in order to securely mount the new glass

·
Registered
300 Posts
Mirrors were delivered this morning. It was super easy to adapt them to my 390 Duke. One trip to the hardware store to obtain TWO metric flat washers and TWO external tooth locking star washers For a total of four (one was supplied with each mirror head). I cut down the length of the included mounting screws with my Dremel tool. Now the protruding threaded portion of the new mirrors is the same length as what had protruded previously from the bar end weights that were removed.

The orientation of the lock washers and flat washer (used as a thin spacer) are as shown. Star, flat, star.

A little bit of blue thread locker and on they go. Once orientated to my preference, and identical from side to side, I torqued the mounting screw to 13 nm as instructed in the supplied information guide.

I will report back if they fall off

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They looks great !
Is visibility ok ?
Most beautifull mirrors for duke definitely

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thank you Sir.
well after riding with them for almost 100 miles, they are really nice actually. Visibility is a bit better than stock (due to the width) but you have to look down just a bit since they sit lower than stock antennae type. They are mounted so solid that there is never any blur at any rpm range that I can see. I also feel that they dampen the handlebars a bit like the original bar end weights did. There was a bit more buzz to the bars after removing the bar end weights to replace with the PowerParts orange anodized bar ends.
In the end, I am pleased. Installation was 30 minutes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts