KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi if the bike is a bit low on power at different rev ranges I would check fuel system,spark plug,valve clearance,I would say if you had engine sludge you would be burning oil and have breather problems.
There is oil in my airbox, and 3xxx miles ago it was burning oil. I haven't checked those things but I suspect the issue may be related to that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,oil burning is not always a bad thing,new or low mileage engines will burn oil until all the internals have settled in,if you are getting oil in the air box,it will clog the filter if there is enough oil coming back and give you what you have described,so need to look at engine breathing to see why the oil is coming up a blocked breather will do it and cause crankcase pressure.i am not sure with these engines if the have a breather system for emmisions,might be worth looking in to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Threre are almost 10k miles on the bike now. I changed the oil before and after a 1.5k trip and it was dirtier than I expected. The air filter has about 4k on it and looks typical. The 2 pvc hoses that link the airbox to the engine are dirty, but not clogged. When running the bike acceleration is no problem, but when I try to sit at any rev under 6k it starts to buck, it's very jerky and the revs blip up about 500

1 - 7 of 7 Posts