KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
I used a PID to pull the data. I do however want to run a wide band as well, however I would run it separately.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I used a PID to pull the data. I do however want to run a wide band as well, however I would run it separately.
Do you have the PID(s) for the data which are not shown automatically?
I didn't find them in other post and Torque warns that incorrect inputs can cause trouble.
I never tried to manually setup PIDs so I don't know.

·
Registered
201 Posts
yes, agreed. What do I need to do to get AFR PID on my Torque app? I have an '18 bike

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have read this with interest as l have just bought a 2019 Duke 390.
The bike runs well but is hard to ride smoothly at low RPM in first/second/third gear.
Such as in traffic, it’s necessary to use the clutch.
In fifth it will go down to 25mph, and sixth 30mph, which is under 3,000rpm and is still smooth.
I am guessing this is because the engine has more load on it.
The Rapid Bike Easy seems a good idea but when l tried to order one they said it was not suitable for the new (post 2017) bike.
Is the engine different? I know it now has an electronic throttle.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have read this with interest as l have just bought a 2019 Duke 390.
The bike runs well but is hard to ride smoothly at low RPM in first/second/third gear.
Such as in traffic, it’s necessary to use the clutch.
In fifth it will go down to 25mph, and sixth 30mph, which is under 3,000rpm and is still smooth.
I am guessing this is because the engine has more load on it.
The Rapid Bike Easy seems a good idea but when l tried to order one they said it was not suitable for the new (post 2017) bike.
Is the engine different? I know it now has an electronic throttle.

I have a 2018 Duke 390 with a Rapid Bike Evo and it works great! So I guess that the Easy should work fine on your bike too

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thank you for the reply.
l will get the Evo if it works well!

How does it improve your bike? Is it better at lower RPM in low gears (1/2/3) ?
The throttle on mine is very on/off in traffic and l have to slip the clutch. At higher speeds or in higher gears it’s fine.

·
Registered
201 Posts
the Evo works wonders!! Especially if you are a ok at tweaking engine fuel maps. I didn't have to let it learn all on its own, so it was way better right out of the box.

Plus this will allow you to tune for exhaust and intake mods later on.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Great thanks l will run the bike in and then look at getting one after l have done around 1,000 miles.
Still getting used to riding a bike again after over a decade out of the saddle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can you tell me if improves the snatchy throttle response at low RPM?
That’s the main thing for me.
^^^^ Very much so. I hated how the bike was so jerky when I 1st got mine, was actually ready to get rid of it until I saw/read about the RB Evo. My bike is super smooth now compared to when I got it. And the Auto-tune is a godsend, it will tune all on it's own, even if you do one mod at a time. It also allows the user to adjust the engine braking to their liking which helps with letting off the throttle and crushing your man bits against the tank.

·
Registered
711 Posts
But yours is a 2016.
I need to know if it will improve the 2018/19 model.
It’s got an electronic throttle and as standard is much better than the 2013-17 version of the bike.
But it’s still hard to ride in low gears at slow speed.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Can you tell me if improves the snatchy throttle response at low RPM?
That’s the main thing for me.
I don't know why you keep lumping 2017 in with the 2014-2016 models. 2017 is exactly like 2018 and 2019.

Anyways, it does improve the low RPM throttle response on 2017-2019 version of the bike. . You shouldn't be lugging the engine anyways, but it rides in low RPM just fine.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Sorry l stand corrected, l am new to the KTM brand and l thought that the model changed in 2017.

So to avoid confusion l referred to the new model as 2018.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thank you for the other replies, it seems that the Rapidbike Easy will be suitable so l have ordered one.
They do one for the 2017 onwards

·
Registered
2017 ktm duke 390
53 Posts
hello...are there any other alternatives to putting a piggyback ecu to richen up the afr of the bs4 duke??

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
hello...are there any other alternatives to putting a piggyback ecu to richen up the afr of the bs4 duke??
Do you have the factory akra map flashed to your ECU yet?

Edit, sorry, not applicable to 2017+

·
Registered
159 Posts
Personally... I started to notice a great deal more 'smoothness' in the low rpm nonsense, just as soon as the rear wheel drive cushions loosened up from me acting like a moron. I'm not proud.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts