KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,I have done things like this in the past mostly without a problem,but the thing that can catch you out is wiring looms,manufacturers do like to change them just because they can,I can remember changing an engine in a Honda everything the same except for one sensor,and had scrapped the original engine by the time I found out,lesson learned everything until job is done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,I have done things like this in the past mostly without a problem,but the thing that can catch you out is wiring looms,manufacturers do like to change them just because they can,I can remember changing an engine in a Honda everything the same except for one sensor,and had scrapped the original engine by the time I found out,lesson learned everything until job is done.
Thanks for the heads up …. Off to researching this possible problem .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also depending on the market (in the USA this is the case) the exhaust routing changed starting in 2021. My 2021 has the exhaust routed along the bottom of the engine. Previously it was higher. Same engine mounts and no frame modifications to my knowledge, but know you'll need the 2021 exhaust system to go along with the engine if you hadn't already planned this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts