KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just done valve shims and now engine is not starting, I bought this engine and never tested, just before fitting in motorcycle I decided to check valve clearance so everything would be done at once, what I found left side Exhaust and Intake was a little of range.... look at my photo I have marked tolerance and everything, could it be that I missed something ? Or I have bought engine without compression? it looks like that I have weak compression, because I could hold with my hand the spark plug hole, DUKE 390 2016
Handwriting Font Material property Office supplies Parallel

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shims specs look good. Do you have a video?
What you mean video ? I can make any video you need . I will try compression test today, also I gonna spin engine by hand, because I remember before doing shims there was a back force of compression, gonna see if there is now, if not - my mistake and valves are open, maybe timing chain pointing not right. If timing chain checkmarks are in line then there is only option left - piston rings.......

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, problem solved. I tried by hand and there was very weak, almost no compression, so thats how I understand that this is my fault, once again I set engine to dtc, opened valve cover and I found wrong timing, not how I was set before, reasone of this was slipped chain down near clutch, fixed that, fixed everything, I put in compression tester and runned engine by starter, tester showed me on cold engine 8 bars, I gonna try tommorrow to start the engine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts