KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

Exhaust 390 2022

6K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  joepaolamail 
#1 ·
Hi.
New to the group and owner of a Duke.
Have ordered a new 2021 125 for my son and a 2022 390 for me.
On the 390 2022, do the exhaust system go under the engine on the European models? If so, how to perform a catalyst removal?
Micke, Sweden

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum Micke,

If the attached pics are of the bike you've ordered it very much looks like the under pipe version.
I don't really know if there already are de-cat pipes being made and if these will actually perform?

#3 ·
Thanks!
The picture is from the KTM website. Mine should look the same with the new decal kit from KTM.
Have tried to find pictures on 2022. Have foundation bikes with the exhaust system above and below so I think it might be different for different markets, or just the wrong model year in the pictures…

#8 · (Edited)
Yes the decat kit is on the European coober site.

I'm interested one of these two kits in pics attached from coober USA for 2021 Canadian duke 390. Has anyone tried either of these specifically? How loud do you think it will be with stock exhaust and no other changes? Do you think it will sound good and provide improved throttle response time?

Coober told me the LM is closed loop only but is a huge improvement from stock.

The other one is $175 more and curious what advantages it has when not limited to closed loop.

I'm curious to know what David thinks and anyone else with first hand coober experience.

Attachments

#9 ·
I think you are asking about (1) "short" cat delete pipe vrs (2) longer/full pipe which is cat delete AND eliminates the lower baffle box - correct ?

My direction - I went to the Yoshi exhaust system which is longer/full pipe with Yoshi muffler - O2 sensor was kept by adding O2 cable extension from Vance & Hines to adjust for the O2 sensor position on the Yoshi system... then went with Powertronic and FuelX system plug-ins - and added DNA air filter cover with its filter in the cover (not orange though) with DNA air filter in the filter box

#10 ·
try to visit the mivv website. it's an Italian company, they make great exhaust and on the 30th of march they are going to release 3/4 new exhaust for the duke 390 21/22 also for the 125 and I've seen on the website also a decal pipe with Is also coming out on the 30th of march.
it's like the one that Bagoros are selling but shorter and cheaper because with this you have to remove only the pre chamber sound.

#17 ·
Thanks for responding. Baffles plural? Are there More than 1? Isn’t it just the silencer baffle that would need to be drilled out. Do you just use a hole saw to drill it out? Or do I have to remove the rivets and remove the cap before drillling and then re apply the cap with rivets? This is what I originally was wanting to do but I was told not to and that going catless was the better option. I’d much rather debaffle the silencer. It’s cheaper and retains the stock look.

I’m also wanting to get a auto tune device. Would it be better to go with fuel xl or rapidbike easy?
Thank you again.

#18 ·
No just the one baffle in the end of the exhaust. You don't need to remove anything, just get the correct size hole saw and start drilling. Go slowly so you don't overheat the saw. There are some videos about how to do it on youtube. I was lucky that the previous owner had already done it when I bought mine so saved me the headache but I can say, it sounds pretty **** good. Similar to a motorcross bike but probably a bit quieter. It's a nice deep sound that turns into a scream at high RPM. Here's a video of it at idle, cold start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.