KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
I expect you can but that doesn't mean it is getting out as it needs to when it needs to
if you turn a hose pipe on and have no end fitted the water will flow freely, if you fit a smaller opening on the hose the water will come out with more force but that doesn't mean the same amount of water is flowing at a given amount of time,
it is the same with exhaust gasses

· Administrator
2,667 Posts
Not 100% sure but I always thought all the Akra Flash does is increase the fuel input due to the increased airflow.
In such a case, it would not matter all that much what pipe you install.
The Power Parts Akrapovic though is built for the Duke and will be more effective than just any pipe.
I have no idea what the engine characteristics of an xmax 300 are but for 1 this is 73+ cc less than the Duke.
Have you solved the header connection issue already?

· Registered
8 Posts
Ok. Without knowing what you are trying to achieve, this is working in the dark. I’m going to assume it’s mostly sound. If you want to know more about power then register with the RC390 forum and start reading.

Could I just have someone fab a straight pipe to replace the stock exhaust? Yes. It will be loud. Be prepared to buy a good piggyback and be prepared to spend money on tuning

Do I wanna keep the cat? Maybe. Removing it will make it louder

do I wanna remove the cat and keep the exhaust? What combo is going to screw with back pressure to the point of losing performance or even worse having issues with the bike running right? Too many possibilities here. The more you change the more you need to spend getting the bike running right. I’d suggest you can probably safely get away with either a cat delete or a change of slip on without a piggyback but it’s at your own risk

What is ya'lls take on this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delkevic-DE-CAT-KTM-390-Duke-RC390-XOval-13-5-Titanium-Muffler-Exhaust-Slip-On/173757451165?fits=Model:390|Submodel:Duke|Make:KTM&epid=23028387789&hash=item2874c04b9d:g:k-8AAOSw0xtcSLms:sc:UPSGround!19602!US!-1

They make some nice sounding exhausts. Can’t comment on this one.
Does the fuel x lite count as a basic piggyback or is a piggyback like the powertronic v4

· Registered
1,083 Posts
What do you want it to do and do you want to manually change the settings or let it do the needed changes itself? There is no such thing as the best piggyback only the most appropriate for what you want to do with it.

· Administrator
2,667 Posts
Basically if you 'just' want to be running your bike better without too many after market stuff, a Coober (pricy and not adjustable) will do the job but so will a PowerTRONIC and in my opinion a better Rapid Bike (EVO/RACE) with the advantages the latter can be fine tuned to almost anything you like to throw at your bike, providing you know what you're doing 😉

Okay thankyou for this information, do you have a recommendation for a piggyback? I've seen like Coober esu and powertronic v4 but it's all I really know and not sure what the best one out there is

21 - 29 of 29 Posts