KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately and with a heavy heart I have left my little Duke at the pound hopefully the new owner will not expect to much from it. Originally purchased as a winter ride, it is just not reliable enough the electronics and some components are not up to scratch. The last failure is the O2 sensor. To add to the list; kick stand sensor, oil sensor, oil pump, front brake calliper fail and being off the road for more time than it was on, it was time to part ways.

Replaced with a MT07.

Bye all, and good riding, I may return to the KTM family one day on a 890 or 1290 or maybe the rumoured sportsbike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks really sad and unfortunate. My Duke is coming up to its 14000km service, not one single problem at all. Well, unless you count the clock running slow which is now fixed.
My nephew had a 2019 mt07 and it was somewhat less reliable than my duke, with less km on it so I hope you have better luck there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Really?? That seems like probably just the wheel were left to break apart. In my frank openion, it's just show lack of maintenance dude. Untimely service and off road use along with riding the bike with defects causing it to get more damaged. I donot think that such a variety of parts failing even for an unreliable bike. Unreliability is tagged When probably a component or 2 keeps on getting busted and not every nut bolt just falling apart one by one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks really sad and unfortunate. My Duke is coming up to its 14000km service, not one single problem at all. Well, unless you count the clock running slow which is now fixed.
My nephew had a 2019 mt07 and it was somewhat less reliable than my duke, with less km on it so I hope you have better luck there.
Hello, how do you fix the clock problem?

·
Registered
2021 Duke 390
5 Posts
I guess all brands can have a lemon. Good luck with the MT07 we enjoyed an FZ07 until some fool pulled out in front of my son. Total loss but no serious injury to my son.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts