KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Duke 390 2022
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First time ktm owner here, but i have been riding for almost 10 years (since i was 12)
This ktm duke 390 is my first new bike that i have got, never really experienced the emotions relating to a new bike, I've always had hand me downs or something like that, but after dreaming about this bike since it launched i finally got the bike with my own money and hardwork,
Now to the bike part, I've babied it till 130kms, did my first red-line today, kinda got scared that i ruined the engine. I'm really tempted to open the throttle and i have been reading about hard break-ins, I've read somewhere that it's better for the bike and engine and I'm really tempted to do that
And i need some help with the quickshifter+
Do i have to blip the throttle or keep it in the same position and change the gear?, I've never really used a quickshifter before and I'm scared that i might damage the transmission or etc
Thank you for reading this far, any help will be truly appreciated ❤
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Motorcycle

· Registered
17 Posts
Hiya, it's a pretty bomb-proof bike. You won't hurt it unless you constantly abuse it. Being new, I'm sure you did the first oil change and service by now, and by keeping up the services as due should have you enjoying the bike for a good, long while. Enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts