KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!
Just bought the 2019 Duke 390 and very impressed! Bothers me all the idiots talking and asking about my “little” bike. Almost took it back on day one for a Ninja 650 which also has an upright rider position. Nope! Not gonna happen. This awesome bike only cost me $4500 with winter prices happening now here in West Virginia.

Jeff Q

·
Registered
223 Posts
Greetings!
Just bought the 2019 Duke 390 and very impressed! Bothers me all the idiots talking and asking about my “little” bike. Almost took it back on day one for a Ninja 650 which also has an upright rider position. Nope! Not gonna happen. This awesome bike only cost me $4500 with winter prices happening now here in West Virginia.

Jeff Q
I get mostly compliments about the bike. A few of the HD guys I work with talk some smack...but i would never want what they are riding either so we are even

·
Registered
292 Posts
What’s your age Brother? Outstanding that you have found a motorcycle after 40 years!!!

Which box are you referring to? Unsure that I see it

·
Registered
574 Posts
If you tick the box on a post, it enables you to insert that post in a quote.
Or to report the post, if you think it’s offensive or some other violation of forum rules.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny, I do not see the box now. So I am not sure what to say or think about that. I'm also sorry I did not reply to your sooner. I have not been here lately with a lot of craziness going on with LIFE. Taking care of three properties, my father, my father-in-law, four dogs and my JOB.

I need to learn what I have to do to respond or reply to posts here. Right now it seems I am not allowed to make any replies to any of the posts or threads.

Cheers Mate,

Jeff

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lightning, Thank You Much!

Funny, right now I am not seeing that box. I have not been here at all since I signed up to join here. Life is crazy and busy at the moment.

With Gratitude,

Jeff

·
Registered
761 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Yes, it's one thing that keeps the smiles all the way from start to finish. Ride safe!

Cheers!
V

·
Registered
437 Posts
I can really understand your point because there is that silly believe that the motorcycle should be at least 400 pounds and 800 cc. In my opinion a motorcycle must be fast enough for max speed 100 mph at the highway, agile, light, fun to ride , with low mpg and capable for fire roads.

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 2019, $4700 in Oregon. I wanted a smaller displacement bike for around town. I too returned to riding a couple of years ago after a 25 year hiatus. I have a Ducati Multistrada which is great on long trips but almost feels pointless around town. I bought an inexpensive Chinese dual sport last year and found I don't really like off road that much and started using it for around town. Time to sell it and play with the new bike!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just bought a 2019, $4700 in Oregon. I wanted a smaller displacement bike for around town. I too returned to riding a couple of years ago after a 25 year hiatus. I have a Ducati Multistrada which is great on long trips but almost feels pointless around town. I bought an inexpensive Chinese dual sport last year and found I don't really like off road that much and started using it for around town. Time to sell it and play with the new bike!
Where did you buy yours in Oregon? I purchased mine in Sublimity, a few months ago

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gresham PowerSports. They had at least one on sale with an end date of 10/31/19 so I scrambled to take delivery that day. I could have saved another $200 for cash, but can't pull that together and put on on a credit card. There might be one or two new 2018's in Hillsoboro for $3700 but with close to another $1000 in fees. I actually live in Washington so still have some $$$ to pay for tax and DMV. It looked like Sublimity had a few around for a good price and seems like they are a good dealer. Just a little too far away at the time for me to go check out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts