KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My mind has been blown by the Duke. I picked this 2018 up yesterday, "second-hand" with 1300-ish miles on it from a private seller for $4500. I don't have a huge reference range of bikes to compare to, but it feels amazing. It feels lighter and more balanced than any other bike I've ridden or just thrown a leg over. At 5'6" with a 29" (or so) inseam I thought KTMs would be too tall for me, but I don't even think twice when putting a foot down even with the comfort seat. The previous owner added all the extras seen including the cat delete. I test rode a stock 2017 Duke the day before and this one feels like a different bike. I've only put about 15 miles on it so far so I haven't tested the bike's full capacity to impress me, but I don't foresee being disappointed. Strangely enough, it was the practical side of me that bought this bike for good gas mileage around town plus the obvious fun-factor up the canyons in Utah, but I'm now on the fence about adding hard bags to it and turning it into the grocery-getter and trailhead shuttle I planned for. I absolutely loved the Jesse bags that I had on my DR650 for those purposes. I've seen a lot of hard luggage mods on the many, many, many YouTube videos from India, but I'm afraid I'd have my membership to this forum immediately revoked. I'm not a lane-splitter and don't foresee aggressive leans in the turns. Any thoughts on luggage?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I threw on some soft bags but had to manufacture brackets to keep them from flopping around. I wouldn't mind some hard bags myself. Unfortunately the selection is a bit slim for the Duke, at least here in the US.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...the hard luggage/bracket options are slim for the Duke. I'm kicking around a couple ideas. I'll post images if I come up with something. Thanks for the reply, Whiskey!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts