KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
hello, I think these bikes were designed to have issues, especially the 'light throttle opening' issue which was designed in to make sure your coffee gets stirred properly

·
Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
It says "Ready to Race" not cruise at 10% throttle, open up rev the Duke. :LOL:

hello, I think these bikes were designed to have issues, especially the 'light throttle opening' issue which was designed in to make sure your coffee gets stirred properly

·
Registered
591 Posts
Welcome to the group!

Reactions: 156078

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yes the Evo works well, that's a tuning box of course so will also improve performance.
The Easy version is much cheaper but is only designed to smooth out the low speed throttle and won't provide any more power.
Sadly my insurance would only list the Rapid Bike Easy as
a "power commander" and wanted three times the premium, despite protracted discussion and "referring it back to the underwriter"

So the unit was taken off. lf anybody can recommend an insurance company that doesn't mind a Rapid Bike Easy being fitted, please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
I do not really agree with the statement "more power = better" as the rest of the bike needs to be in line to cope with an enormous increase in power as well.
As for statistics, this is the power increase on a PowerTRONIC for the second-Gen bikes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts