KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I have had my license for a year and have been riding a 2018 Duke 390 that I absolutely love.

It has been the perfect starter bike for me! The size and the power make this such a fun motorcycle to own and ride in some of the twisty roads in Southern California.

I’ve modified the bike in a few ways: replaced the exhaust, replaced the mirrors, wrapped the bike, added frame sliders and crank case protector.

Before and After

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke
14 Posts
Very cool! I have the same aftermarket mirrors, and I am go into reinstall the weighted bar ends.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool! I have the same aftermarket mirrors, and I am go into reinstall the weighted bar ends.
I think it looks so much better with them. Just an FYI the original screw will be too short. I needed up making a quick trip to Home Depot for a longer one, even found them in black!

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke
14 Posts
I think it looks so much better with them. Just an FYI the original screw will be too short. I needed up making a quick trip to Home Depot for a longer one, even found them in black!
Very cool. Thank you for the heads up. Also, habe you looked into getting LED turn signals, they look soo much better! And the stock LED’s that come on the European models dont require a relay swap because the lights will come with a relay attached to each light, this way you don’t get the rapid flashing turn signals. I love mine !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool. Thank you for the heads up. Also, habe you looked into getting LED turn signals, they look soo much better! And the stock LED’s that come on the European models dont require a relay swap because the lights will come with a relay attached to each light, this way you don’t get the rapid flashing turn signals. I love mine !
I have thought about it, but decided against it because of the relay issue... but if I can just score a UK version like you say, then I should be good!!! Thank you so much for that great info! That may just be my next upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
Hi EdC,

You are 100% correct about the turn indicators.
F.y.i. the rest of the world is fitted with LED indicators, not only Europe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts