KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evotech radiator guard, fitted after reading a post elsewhere on this forum.

(After only 900 miles the radiator fins were looking less than perfect, and are hard to clean)

It’s not the cheapest but is a lovely piece of kit, beautifully made and fits perfectly.

There are no instructions, only a link to view them online, l missed this at first, and there are a couple of plastic spacers that need fitting in the correct place.
Also the tabs on the guard need to be hooked under the lower front of the radiator and without instructions you might not realise, and wonder why it doesn’t fit.

I think the bike also looks better with the radiator guard fitted, it’s quite discreet and looks high quality.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yep, that’s the one

But, any idea what the two random plastic pieces near the top of the radiator are for?
One has a rubber cover on it (why?) but they look a bit crap and l was wondering whether to just cut them off.
No idea, I want to remove the whole plastic section as it looks crap. Just the mounting points on the sides look odd on their own. I need to come up with a solution for it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I reckon the plastic housing probably helps direct airflow to the radiator so it may not be wise to remove it.

Have you noticed any difference in the coolant temps or how soon the fan kicks in with the guard fitted?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I reckon the plastic housing probably helps direct airflow to the radiator so it may not be wise to remove it.

Have you noticed any difference in the coolant temps or how soon the fan kicks in with the guard fitted?
It won't make any difference or at least not enough cause a fault. The husky 401 with the same engine doesn't have it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Your typical husky owner won’t be riding as hard as KTM owners do tho. My friend has the 401 Svartpilen and he proves my point

1 - 10 of 10 Posts