KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help getting this piece as it seems to have felt off. I took a look at the parts diagram and can’t identify it. It’s like a bolt that connects to the rear brake. My foot brake doesn’t work without it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
I doubt you can but that separately as it’s part of the rear master cylinder. You could probably make one but you need the dimensions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt you can but that separately as it’s part of the rear master cylinder. You could probably make one but you need the dimensions.
Thanks. You’re probably right. Is this a difficult job? Could I do it myself perhaps? Btw I used your video to install the usb charger. Great content.

·
Super Moderator
1,855 Posts
Not 100% sure what 'bolt' you mean, is it not the retaining pin (+washer + split pin) 17, 18, 19?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Thanks. You’re probably right. Is this a difficult job? Could I do it myself perhaps? Btw I used your video to install the usb charger. Great content.
Simple enough job if you use the part from the new master cylinder. However I’d have to question how this part could have come out as normally you’d need to remove the brake pedal to get enough travel to remove it. Perhaps something broke or perhaps something was really badly adjusted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Simple enough job if you use the part from the new master cylinder. However I’d have to question how this part could have come out as normally you’d need to remove the brake pedal to get enough travel to remove it. Perhaps something broke or perhaps something was really badly adjusted.
I'm wondering the same thing. I noticed it Saturday night, I went out to the city and was wearing different shoes than I normally would like my bike with. I was riding and used the front and rear breaks on the road and felt the foot brake loose. Later I stopped and noticed that was gone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, I did another odd thing I did, I was going to an ATM and rode my bike up a sidewalk. I'm not sure what it was for certain.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe I hit the spring with my shoes and it made it loose and it came off. Not sure

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyhow, I should order the rear master cylinder? KTM 93013060000 - Rear master cylinder : KTM World

·
Registered
784 Posts
No. You have lost the master cylinder push rod. These are normally held into the master cylinder with a circlip. But you also have to remove the brake arm first. So it’s a mystery how the circlip came out, the rod unscrewed and still had clearance to fall out.

I’d suggest just buying a used master cylinder and using it for parts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm going to order a master cylinder, I hope it comes with all the parts I need. It's actually cheaper to buy it new thwn used based on what I've seen on ebay vs KTM parts dealers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have contacted multiple dealers and even KTM themselves here in U.S. nobody has this part and they said it could take months to get.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No. You have lost the master cylinder push rod. These are normally held into the master cylinder with a circlip. But you also have to remove the brake arm first. So it’s a mystery how the circlip came out, the rod unscrewed and still had clearance to fall out.

I’d suggest just buying a used master cylinder and using it for parts.
I bought a used master cylinder, will be arriving tomorrow. I can't just take the push rod off the cylinder that comes in and put it in my bike? I'm not very familiar with the brake arm and don't want to pay someone to do it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts