KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sneaky, sneaky. I found a hidden page on KTM's Canadian site that spills the guts on RC 390 a few days before its EICMA launch...

ENGINE

375cc Liquid cooled, single cylinder, 4 stroke already pulling duty in the Duke 390 . Compact and stacked design leaves the engine weight a quite light of 79 lbs. Little single cracks out 44hp for your pleasure.

BRAKES

Developed with Brembo, single disc 4 piston 300mm radial calipers up front, single disc 230mm single piston floating caliper in the rear. Standard ABS, disengageable at will.

BODYWORK

RC 390 keeps the basic looks of its Cup sibling, much of the styling has been yanked from the RC8. The Rearsets have been positioned to allow maximum cornering and lean angles. Blinkers have been integrated with the mirrors for stealth. KTM does supersports justice by giving the RC 390 twin round headlights.

ERGONOMICS

Integrated pillion keeps the race look of the Cup bike. Clip ons and switches allow you a sporty and aggressive riding position typical of supersports.

SUSPENSION

Upside down forks in the front from WP is the same 43mm diameter as on RC8 R. This is real racing equipment. The Frame is the same steel trellis as the Duke 390 however the RC's has been optimized to better fit supersport ergonomics and riding dynamics. Versus the Duke 390 the RC's steering head angle has been reduced to 66.2 degreesm which leaves the RC with a much shorter tail and wheelbase vs the Duke. Alloy swing arm with WP shoc absorber reduced extreme torsional stiffness.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Awesome collection of information on the Duke 390, the next best thing would be pricing, but I guess we'll have to wait for ECIMA to arrive before we even get official word on that.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to imagine the RC 390 will be priced just above the Duke 390... These RCs are going to be real CBR hunters. If you look at the Duke 390 it can out punch a CBR500, so I'm expecting the same out of the RC390. So not only wll you be able to punch above your weight, but you'll save on insurance because of its lower displacement.

TBH I'm most excited to see the RC 200 and 125's...

·
Registered
520 Posts
The RC390 will be a more sport tuned and refined Duke 390 from the way I see it

The RC390 will be the head honcho of the sports bikes under 500cc.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cool that you found this when you weren't supposed to. I'd like to know what the top speed of the bike is going to be. 44 HP and only 79 lbs. What do you think that will translate to for top speed?

Gorgeous bike.

Does KTM make any bikes that are in a different color palette?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well if the Duke 390 can out punch the CBR500, I expect the RC to also out punch the CBR500. I'm betting it will also give some trouble to the CBR600. Its just so light and nimble. I mean the duke was maneuverable enough, now KTM went a shortened the RC's wheelbase even more. You'll be able to circle on a dime, wheelies should still be just as easy ;)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
looking at the engine cut away picture once again...
KTM should considering showing off full scale engine cut away models at the upcoming EICMA show.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the RCs twin headlamps, it reminds me of the old GSXRs...

Much better IMO than the robot looking headlamp the Duke 390 was given...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Everything looks perfect on RC360.. except for the head lights.. not to much attractive there :)
I agree with you on the lights it's more of an acquired taste. I could really see some saying that they are different. Not my cup of tea though. :D

Besides that everything else is on point I have to say.

·
Registered
817 Posts
For those in Australia the RC wont arrive here until around November 2014, were only getting the 390 version for some reason.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts