KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone

I'm Mat and I live in the inner western suburbs of Melbourne, Australia, and Saturday picked up my new bike, a black 390 Duke.

It replaces the bike I always wanted, a 2011 Triumph Thruxton. Unfortunately, I had an accident nearly two weeks ago, and the Thruxton was deemed a total loss by the insurance company.

I test rode a few different bikes, but the little Duke was the only one that excited me.

The few kilometres I've spent in the saddle, I absolutely love it. It's like a little go kart. My wife loves it too, since I got her the ergo pillion seat. I can't wait to get over the 1,000km run in period and let it rip!

:D

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
Welcome mate, pity about the Thruxton but the 390 is good at keeping a smile even when its just filtering. Enjoy the forum, dont be a stranger.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Simatrik, welcome aboard. Glad to see your Black babe! Feel bad for the Thruxton. Yes the run-in period is a real pain in the posterior. Overrevved mine too many times in the run-in without even realizing it.

Welcome to hooliganism. ;)

Cheers!
VJ

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello again! Just picked up my replacement bike. :D

Attachments

Reactions: k1w1_60

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to here about the Triumph Thruxton, it looked the goods.
The KTM390 is a fun little bike with lots of go..I love it..
cheers mate..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks mate. It was a great bike, but it's in the past now. I'm loving the little Duke, especially when it's not pissing down!

I took a quick pic yesterday after removing most of the stickers.

Attachments

Reactions: k1w1_60
1 - 7 of 7 Posts