KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Does yall's front disc brake feel the same as mine? jerky and unsettling? Even when my ABS is completely off It feels the same. I'm not complaining about the efficiency though, stops just fine and in time, but in a very struggle some pattern. Any other bike brakes very smoothly on the front without any jerks.

PS: My bike crashed twice, impact directly on the front tyre which burst instantly and 2nd time, suffered sides way damage. But the service centre guys confirmed there is no bend in forks or any wheel damage. I'll get it checked again if necessary.

Help

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Was the same feeling of your front brake there before your crashes?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was the same feeling of your front brake there before your crashes?
Good question, I particularly don't remember, but it's very prominent now. Does your duke brake smoothly at the front?

It's time for a service anyway, shall get it checked.

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Both my Dukes, 200 with OEM 280mm front disk (no ABS) and the 390 with a 300mm floating EBC rotor (ABS) brake perfectly as should.
Both bikes run EBC HH Sintered brake pads front and rear (neither has ever been in an accident).

Good question, I particularly don't remember, but it's very prominent now. Does your duke brake smoothly at the front?

It's time for a service anyway, shall get it checked.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Both my Dukes, 200 with OEM 280mm front disk (no ABS) and the 390 with a 300mm floating EBC rotor (ABS) brake perfectly as should.
Both bikes run EBC HH Sintered brake pads front and rear (neither has ever been in an accident).
My ‘15 390 with the 300mm OEM front and ENC sintered pads has a pulse that I cannot resolve. I’ve scrubbed both sides of the disc with scotchbrite pads, brass wire wheels, tons of brake cleaner, 220 grit wet sandpaper, replaced the pads, bled the line repeatedly, can’t solve it. Considering just upgrading to the 330mm disc and hopefully putting it to bed once and for all.

·
Registered
564 Posts
My ‘15 390 with the 300mm OEM front and ENC sintered pads has a pulse that I cannot resolve. I’ve scrubbed both sides of the disc with scotchbrite pads, brass wire wheels, tons of brake cleaner, 220 grit wet sandpaper, replaced the pads, bled the line repeatedly, can’t solve it. Considering just upgrading to the 330mm disc and hopefully putting it to bed once and for all.
Put a straight edge across the disc in a few places to check if it is warped. If you have an ABS model check the ring and sensor for damage - also unbolt sensor and check if problem goes away.

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke 390
8 Posts
likely a warped disc if its pulsing as you slow, More noticable the slower you go. Usually caused by excessive heat on one part of the disc. I stunt mine and so far it hasnt happened but my 675's both warp discs atleast once a year. You can test for it with a runout meter while the front wheel off the ground and spinning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts